Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Pontius, Dec 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ahoy etc (ex-WAFUs don't really do the nautical thing too well :) ),

I've had a quick search but couldn't find anything related to the plans by HM Government to bin the BFPO service. I received an email this morning that informed me of this latest proposal, which I've posted below. If this has already done the rounds then please feel free to delete my post (good at puns though, aren't I :D ).

It only takes a few seconds to do and even expats can sign up, so get clicking (if you haven't done this already).

Away sea boat.......come on, that's nautical stuff!

What is wrong with Gordon's gang???????

Dear All

Please see below a petition to keep the British Forces Post Office from closing.

This means that all free post (under 2kgs) to Afghan will be stopped amongst other things.

Below is a quote from Sky News in bold.

"When the servicemen and women of our country are fighting and dying for this government's dubious honour, it treats them with
    the contempt it has shown across the board," he said.

"The BFPO has for decades provided a lifeline that is utterly vital in maintaining moral and now they want to cut it.

"MPs have granted themselves £7,000 a year postage but they seem to be happy to put extra costs on service families.

How typical, how venal, how vile."

Save BFPO

Please forward this on.
  2. Thanks for that Wrecker. I tried to find it before I posted but obviously failed :roll: .

Mods: Please delete my unecessary (and seemingly bollox) thread. Cheers.