BFPO Prohibitions

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by dunjamon, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking at sending the footie games on DVD to to my brother who's at Camp Bastion. I normally send the programmes from matches over but I've a few games recorded which I thought I'd send as he has his laptop with him as a surprise. I've checked the BFPO list and it has no mention of sending digital media. Just with it being recorded from TV and therefore not strictly legal (copyright) I thought I'd see if anyone on here could clarify whether I could send it without causing any problems?

2. Just sent it to him mate.

They don't have time to scan all the mail. And I am sure that he would enjoy it. My family used to send vids to me down south.

Give it a go and plead ignorance if the poo hit the fan :thumright: :thumright:
  3. Its for private use, and your not selling it off of a stall, hardly copyright theft!
  4. I sent a DVD to the Stan last year. Kept the copy and sent him the original :rendeer:
  5. Meh, back in the day families would send VHS tapes of Corrie, Footie, eastenders etc, and I guess if they wanted to get pedantic at the post office they could stop it, but I doubt anyone will. After all, if you are just burning a DVD+/-R of broadcast TV, I don't think its realistically enforceable. If he has web connection of any decent speed he might like among the many others. You should also look at BitTorrents.
  6. Thanks, I'll send it today. I emailed him about footytube but he gets a max of 20 mins a day internet. He spends a lot of time on the road as he's in the EOD team. Just thought I'd ask on here to make sure I didn't get him bollocked.