BFPO Prohibitions

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
I'm looking at sending the footie games on DVD to to my brother who's at Camp Bastion. I normally send the programmes from matches over but I've a few games recorded which I thought I'd send as he has his laptop with him as a surprise. I've checked the BFPO list and it has no mention of sending digital media. Just with it being recorded from TV and therefore not strictly legal (copyright) I thought I'd see if anyone on here could clarify whether I could send it without causing any problems?

Cheers

Just sent it to him mate.

They don't have time to scan all the mail. And I am sure that he would enjoy it. My family used to send vids to me down south.

Give it a go and plead ignorance if the poo hit the fan :thumright: :thumright:

Meh, back in the day families would send VHS tapes of Corrie, Footie, eastenders etc, and I guess if they wanted to get pedantic at the post office they could stop it, but I doubt anyone will. After all, if you are just burning a DVD+/-R of broadcast TV, I don't think its realistically enforceable. If he has web connection of any decent speed he might like footytube.com among the many others. You should also look at BitTorrents.

dunjamon

Lantern Swinger
Thanks, I'll send it today. I emailed him about footytube but he gets a max of 20 mins a day internet. He spends a lot of time on the road as he's in the EOD team. Just thought I'd ask on here to make sure I didn't get him bollocked.