BFPO NUMBERS ETC FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ETC

Good Morning All
am trying to sort out how to sent no1 son Christmas shoe box , he will be on Deployment in or around the new base in the middle east, now do i send to ship or to the base - if base i cant find the number, he is due to go 1st week in dec and the last post date is looming, so please help
thank you stressed mum

If he's based on a warship, sent it to that BFPO number.

As an aside, as long as the envelope has his name and official number on it, it will find him eventually :)

thank you dapperdunn
if i send to ship that wont get in the way of their everday post , for the running of the ship , also he told me not to put his rank on is that correct , its a minefield (sic) of whats right and whats not, and as he is the lowest form of life on the Bridge is worried about getting it wrong

thank you dapperdunn
if i send to ship that wont get in the way of their everday post , for the running of the ship , also he told me not to put his rank on is that correct , its a minefield (sic) of whats right and whats not, and as he is the lowest form of life on the Bridge is worried about getting it wrong
Rank or Rate?
I stand by to be corrected, but his address should start with Rank or Rate before his name.

am also going to send a spare shoe box for a lad who might not get something or just to put in the rates mess as son is in the other mess!!! i think this would be acceptable just going to put some games and some shortbread

Thank you again , have read the link , but i do not know what his deployment is called , so my understanding is name , rank , service number , name of ship BFPO number?
am sure i will get the hang of it , he flies out on the 10/12/18 so will post his boxes on the 11

I would post it a bit earlier than that. It will have to go from your house, to Mill Hill (RAF Northolt) and then catch RAF Air (notoriously bad on Thursday afternoons until Monday..). Then get taken to where your son is and then wait for him to get alongside (in most cases). So the earlier the better you send it, if it does get there earlier; it just means it will be waiting for him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pontius Current Affairs 2
geoffg The Gash Barge 3
G Current Affairs 0