Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BFBS: "Gethin Jones Plans New Career In Forces"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be honest, whichever service he joins (if any) it'll be a much needed shot in the arm to promote the Armed Forces, particularly the Reserves.

If the RNR are on the ball, they'll be offering him a "golden hello" as we speak - even if it's just an honourary post.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
As opposed to a golden rivet then?
I`ve no doubt he will appeal equally to those who appreciate the male form, whatever their gender. That said as a heterosexual, I`ve never previously felt the need to proclaim my preference, darling.:wink:

LujonSA

War Hero
Who? I know I live out in the sticks but who is he? Should I be interested? Should I care?

I've heard of Gethin Jenkins, a moderately good rugby player from a moderate principality; but not this Jones person.

Last edited:
G

guestm

To be honest, whichever service he joins (if any) it'll be a much needed shot in the arm to promote the Armed Forces, particularly the Reserves.

If the RNR are on the ball, they'll be offering him a "golden hello" as we speak - even if it's just an honourary post.

Hahahaha!!!

In all seriousness. Mega stacks rating if he does join up.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Well, he's not far off being 'lidded' and can fly:

...His time on Blue Peter [2004-2008] saw him take on the most extreme, wonderful, scary and strangest challenges of his life [...] but his biggest moment was when he became the first civilian (and Blue Peter presenter) to finish the Royal Marine Commando 30 mile Yomp - he finished in a time of 8hrs 20mins… in about 7 pieces!

...whilst on Uned 5 [S4C youth magazine show, 2002-2004], he obtained a Private Pilots’ Licence as part of a filming challenge lasting over 8 months.

soleil

War Hero
Gethin's in the papers again and mentioning his interest in becoming a Reservist.

Gethin Jones back on Army duty | Evening Times

He says:

"I have been looking into becoming a reservist. I have this connection with the way they do their business. It is very disciplined and I like that, so I am looking to see if there is anything I can do to help. Nothing to report yet but I am looking into it."

Some needs to be helping Gethin look in the right direction .....

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Agreed, but that would need someone dynamic high-up in RNR or RMR Recruitment seizing the initiative.

Ain't never gonna happen, initiative is an alien concept.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vauxhall FPS Pensions Secretary talks to BFBS Finance & Pensions 0
soleil BFBS: "Sailing To The Rescue With RFA Diligence" RFA 2
soleil BFBS: "Camp Bastion Through The Years" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil BFBS: "Hammond: 'Second UK Carrier Worth Using'" The Fleet 2
soleil BFBS: "Romantic Rendezvous For Royal Navy Pair" The Fleet 19
soleil BFBS: "Military Dogs Swim To Survive The Heat" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil BFBS: "Ensign Placed On Wreck Of HMS Antelope" History 1
soleil BFBS: "Submariners Weigh Up Health Message" Submariners 0
soleil BFBS: "CDS Outlines Forces Future" The Fleet 1
soleil BFBS: "Navy's High-flier Celebrates 1000th Jump" Sports and Adventure Training 1
soleil BFBS: "RLC Base Goes Commando" The Corps 1
soleil BFBS: "Military Mission At 007 Skyfall Premiere" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
soleil BFBS: "Navy Wins Rundle Cup Polo Match" Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil BFBS: "First Wildcat Unveiled For Army And Navy" The Fleet Air Arm 6
soleil BFBS: "Falklands Memorial For SBS Sergeant" The Corps 4
soleil BFBS: "Retracing 45 Commando's Falkland's Yomp" The Corps 0
soleil BFBS: "Hawker Hunter Jets Return To Somerset" The Fleet Air Arm 11
soleil BFBS News: "Nuclear Sub Surfaces In Southampton" Submariners 5
soleil BFBS News: "Tour Extended For 854 Naval Air Squadron" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil BFBS News: "Super Warship Targeted By Protesters" The Fleet 2
soleil BFBS: "From The Battlefield To The Classroom For Redundant Troops" Current Affairs 2
soleil BFBS: "Afghanistan - Military Dogs Get New Training Area" Bases / Shore Est 2
soleil BFBS: "Military Take Part In Ballooning Festival" Sports and Adventure Training 5
soleil BFBS: "All Change For Top Royal Navy Training Post" The Fleet 0
soleil BFBS: "Cuts To Royal Navy 'Would Be Comical If They Weren't So Serious'" Current Affairs 5
soleil BFBS: "Submariners From HMS Talent Win Trophy" Submariners 2
soleil BFBS: "Liam Fox Secures Northwood NATO Headquarters" Current Affairs 2
soleil BFBS News: "Submarine Crews Feel The Pressure" Submariners 3
soleil BFBS: "Ejector Seat Test For Next Generation Fighter Bomber" The Fleet Air Arm 2
F BFBS Radio looking for your Top 3 tracks for the Forces 500 Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
B RN half marathon on Iraqi oil platform for BFBS Big Salute! Charity 1
chockhead819 BFBS Auction Charity 0
D CSE and The BFBS Big Salute Proudly Present the CSE Comedy Club Blogs 1
B BRAND NEW ANNUAL FORCES FUNDRAISER ON BFBS TV AND RADIO Charity 2
B Watch Saturday’s Battle of the Dockyards live on BFBS TV Sports and Adventure Training 2
F BFBS Radio now UK wide on DAB Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Helen Jones, Eileen Munro and Rohan Sivanandan appointed as members of the Cafcass Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A letter from John Glen to Stephen Jones on Mortgage Prisoners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treasury Solicitor Jonathan Jones QC awarded KCB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Solomon Islands: Brian Jones MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gwen Parry-Jones OBE announced as Magnox Chief Executive Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Jonathan Jones Appointed as Honorary Queen’s Counsel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM call with First Minister Jones: 21 November 2018 MoD News 0
Seaweed Gilbert Hackforth-Jones The Book Club 0
frogman007 Alex Jones tits look good tonight!! The Quarterdeck 4
scouse Davy Jones RIP Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 14
rod-gearing Catherine Zeta Jones Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Metro: "Lt Cdr Mike Jones-Thompson - The Last British Soldier Left In Basra" Bases / Shore Est 5
R Mick Jones and The Queen Submariners 2
B Catherine Zeta Jones Furious At Cancer Doctors Current Affairs 3