BFBS: "Gethin Jones Plans New Career In Forces"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be honest, whichever service he joins (if any) it'll be a much needed shot in the arm to promote the Armed Forces, particularly the Reserves.

If the RNR are on the ball, they'll be offering him a "golden hello" as we speak - even if it's just an honourary post.

Who? I know I live out in the sticks but who is he? Should I be interested? Should I care?

I've heard of Gethin Jenkins, a moderately good rugby player from a moderate principality; but not this Jones person.

Last edited:
G

guestm

To be honest, whichever service he joins (if any) it'll be a much needed shot in the arm to promote the Armed Forces, particularly the Reserves.

If the RNR are on the ball, they'll be offering him a "golden hello" as we speak - even if it's just an honourary post.
Hahahaha!!!

In all seriousness. Mega stacks rating if he does join up.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Well, he's not far off being 'lidded' and can fly:

...His time on Blue Peter [2004-2008] saw him take on the most extreme, wonderful, scary and strangest challenges of his life [...] but his biggest moment was when he became the first civilian (and Blue Peter presenter) to finish the Royal Marine Commando 30 mile Yomp - he finished in a time of 8hrs 20mins… in about 7 pieces!

...whilst on Uned 5 [S4C youth magazine show, 2002-2004], he obtained a Private Pilots’ Licence as part of a filming challenge lasting over 8 months.

Gethin's in the papers again and mentioning his interest in becoming a Reservist.

Gethin Jones back on Army duty | Evening Times

He says:

"I have been looking into becoming a reservist. I have this connection with the way they do their business. It is very disciplined and I like that, so I am looking to see if there is anything I can do to help. Nothing to report yet but I am looking into it."

Some needs to be helping Gethin look in the right direction .....

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Agreed, but that would need someone dynamic high-up in RNR or RMR Recruitment seizing the initiative.

Ain't never gonna happen, initiative is an alien concept.