Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bewildered re medical fail

Mike777

Badgeman
Almost everyone I know failed their medical the first time around bankhall. Personally I think it's because the medical people (forget the name) charge per examination, so they want you to come back as many times as possible. He'll be fine though, just get your GP to write a letter saying he's fit and healthy

He could make a candle. or share his knowledge of this realy unhelpful woman who doesn't like getting annoyed, bless, I reckon we could annoy or at best bother her. :)

C

cúnt

What's HIS GP got to do with it ???he was sent to a GP in Blackburn FOR A medical who just seems to have set up for one day .When he asks the recruitment centre about another medical he can't get any sense weird

Get thee to a GP, get an all clear letter- post a COPY of this letter to the AFCO, addressed to his careers advisor, and request another appointment for a medical.

C

cúnt

OK cheers will try he just can't understand why the recruitment office won't talk to him ???indeed told him not to bother her

Where you can try to avoid the civvie clerks. They are often grumpy, blue-rinse types.

C

cúnt

this a woman in uniform in the Preston recruitment office ??not a civvy

All women in the Forces are essentially civvies.

Same applies- letter to the careers advisor. Don't complain about her till you're through.

paybobsquarepants

Lantern Swinger
"can't get any advice as too what to do next from a strange woman at Preston ."

Women in Preston are like that. I trapped one, at the time that panda with a Bolton accent was advertising some jar of babysick to put on chicken "Stick a fork in me - I'm done!"
Mind, she want to be taken on Saddleworth moor - odd and somewhat chilly, but hey....

By the way your GP may well charge up to £20 for the letter. Still, worth it if it gets him in. But warn him about women from Preston. And Dumbarton, oh and Brixton.

A

angrydoc

Hang on.

1 - letter from a civvy GP saying his ears are clear is a load of tosh. Has he seen anyone regarding his ears or his foot infection? I presume he was given olive oil for his ears - in which case the practice nurse should see him after a couple of weeks to have a look and see if the wax needs removing. Wax doesn't disappear spontaneously.

2- It should be blatantly obvious whether or not the infection has cleared up.

3- A letter from a civvy GP regarding medical suitability for Service is worth as much as used toilet roll.

4- He's not getting depressed - I'm starting to think this word should be banned. He is pissed off at the fact things arn't going smoothly. This is not depression. This is a great example of how people get labelled with diagnoses they don't have.

So, in summary:
- get ears sorted
- get infection sorted
And it sounds like this is what he was told at his initial medical examination. This is not rocket science.

Spidiver

War Hero
Taking Olive oil and athletes foot cream for depression is okay as long as the treatment does not exceed 12 weeks...Trust me , I'm a diver !!!! ;-)

=============================================

=============================================

But what about her at the Preston Office, AD?

Could she be cured by sending the lad along with a grovelling smile and a prescription for these?

Spidiver

War Hero
Well diagnosed Blackrat...this doctoring malarky really is a piece of piss....Angrydoc had to study for weeks before they gave him a white coat and stethescope !!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Boney's Boner Bedazzles Bewildered Buyers? Diamond Lil's 4
M About Passed Medical Questionnaire Joining the Royal Navy 0
R Medical RMR 2
M Can't find medical questionnaire and im debating my role Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Update on the government’s response to the Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review MoD News 0
D Medical cadetship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Adviser for NHS Test and Trace, Susan Hopkins on community testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 alert level: update from the UK Chief Medical Officers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the profession from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK COVID-19 vaccination programmes MoD News 0
URNU/MNsnotty Sub Medical Req Joining the Royal Navy 21
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the prioritisation of first doses of COVID-19 vaccines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty about new strain of Covid-19 MoD News 0
B Failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer’s annual report outlines health challenges in England MoD News 0
jsdoddy RN Medical - “Permanently Medically Unfit” Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Worrying over Medical Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS UK Chief Medical Officers' statement on the self-isolation period: 11 December 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita medical - weight Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Medical Assistant (Submariner) Quals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids for medical insurance and building products MoD News 0
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 2
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 2
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4