Bewildered re medical fail

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bankhall, Jul 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .........................

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. Almost everyone I know failed their medical the first time around bankhall. Personally I think it's because the medical people (forget the name) charge per examination, so they want you to come back as many times as possible. He'll be fine though, just get your GP to write a letter saying he's fit and healthy

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

He could make a candle. or share his knowledge of this realy unhelpful woman who doesn't like getting annoyed, bless, I reckon we could annoy or at best bother her. :)

4. ................................................

5. Mike777. Fantastic advice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get thee to a GP, get an all clear letter- post a COPY of this letter to the AFCO, addressed to his careers advisor, and request another appointment for a medical.

7. ...................................

8. Where you can try to avoid the civvie clerks. They are often grumpy, blue-rinse types.

9. this a woman in uniform in the Preston recruitment office ??not a civvy

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Really? :?

11. All women in the Forces are essentially civvies.

Same applies- letter to the careers advisor. Don't complain about her till you're through.

12. "can't get any advice as too what to do next from a strange woman at Preston ."

Women in Preston are like that. I trapped one, at the time that panda with a Bolton accent was advertising some jar of babysick to put on chicken "Stick a fork in me - I'm done!"
    Mind, she want to be taken on Saddleworth moor - odd and somewhat chilly, but hey....

By the way your GP may well charge up to £20 for the letter. Still, worth it if it gets him in. But warn him about women from Preston. And Dumbarton, oh and Brixton.

13. Hang on.

1 - letter from a civvy GP saying his ears are clear is a load of tosh. Has he seen anyone regarding his ears or his foot infection? I presume he was given olive oil for his ears - in which case the practice nurse should see him after a couple of weeks to have a look and see if the wax needs removing. Wax doesn't disappear spontaneously.

2- It should be blatantly obvious whether or not the infection has cleared up.

3- A letter from a civvy GP regarding medical suitability for Service is worth as much as used toilet roll.

4- He's not getting depressed - I'm starting to think this word should be banned. He is pissed off at the fact things arn't going smoothly. This is not depression. This is a great example of how people get labelled with diagnoses they don't have.

So, in summary:
    - get ears sorted
    - get infection sorted
    And it sounds like this is what he was told at his initial medical examination. This is not rocket science.

14. Taking Olive oil and athletes foot cream for depression is okay as long as the treatment does not exceed 12 weeks...Trust me , I'm a diver !!!! ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  15. =============================================

=============================================

But what about her at the Preston Office, AD?

Could she be cured by sending the lad along with a grovelling smile and a prescription for these?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

She can be cured with a boot up the clack, the dried up husk.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Well diagnosed Blackrat...this doctoring malarky really is a piece of piss....Angrydoc had to study for weeks before they gave him a white coat and stethescope !!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Blimey - can you imagine how angrydoc is dispensing really bad news?

19. "It's cancer, now **** off."

• Like Like x 6
  20. ===============================

===============================

What Monty said, PT.

IIRC Soliel holds the sole rights for fluffy at RR.