Beware of the thieving HMRC!!!!

pie.thatcher

Lantern Swinger
Am in receipt of pussers, local government and state pension, effectively pay tax on pussers and local government pension as state one is less than personal allowance. Always gives me a warm glow when I think how much tax I paid from age 16 to 65 only to pay even more to keep the likes of the bone idle sod living opposite me.
You are paying tax on your state pension (unless I'm getting riped off) they deduct your state pension from youre tax code, so it is taxed. It just comes off your pussers pension. My tax code is 305, pussers, occupational and state pensions. But I agree entire with your comments on the idle bastards. I have a relative who complains about how low his state pension is. My only answer is "you should have worked"

scouse

War Hero
Am in receipt of pussers, local government and state pension, effectively pay tax on pussers and local government pension as state one is less than personal allowance. Always gives me a warm glow when I think how much tax I paid from age 16 to 65 only to pay even more to keep the likes of the bone idle sod living opposite me.
:salut:
The Department for Work and Pensions does not deduct tax from your state pension, but it is taxable income. Instead, the state pension is normally taxed by an adjustment to the PAYE tax code for your private or occupational pension. This means that part of your tax free personal allowance is allocated against your state pension, and this reduces the personal allowance available against your other income.

trelawney126

War Hero
:salut:
The Department for Work and Pensions does not deduct tax from your state pension, but it is taxable income. Instead, the state pension is normally taxed by an adjustment to the PAYE tax code for your private or occupational pension. This means that part of your tax free personal allowance is allocated against your state pension, and this reduces the personal allowance available against your other income.
Whichever way you look at it Scouse, it's still robbery.

bollotom

War Hero
State pension + Occupational Pension - personal allowance and pay 20% Tax. Aand as has been said, they take the State Pensh into account but deduct from Occ Pensh so it looks like they aren't robbing you. I get around £600/month State Pensh, my tax code for this year is 270P so £10500 allowance, State Pensh -£7792 gives me a tax free amount of £2708. I will be taxed 20% on the first £32010, at 40% on income between £32011 and £15000 and 45% on anything over £150000. Oh and I'm 69 Yrs old. Rummers has the idea. If you're going to get high wads of dosh get financial advice, could save you a packet in the long run. :)

Edit to remove accidental Fwittery

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Beware of fraudulent calls from GLD's number MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AI: Beware the Robots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Beware of fraudsters targeting your student loan payments MoD News 0
soleil Mail: "Enemies Beware: Royal Navy Shows Off Its Latest Radar System" The Fleet 8
Ninja_Stoker Fake RN Application scam - Beware Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
Tribalclass Beware Boiler Room scammers Current Affairs 6
fishhead Bar Staff Beware Miscellaneous 4
trelawney126 Beware of Envelopes marked "Ello, Ello,Ello" Diamond Lil's 0
witsend Beware of the Muslim ray guns. Diamond Lil's 38
Seaweed Beware the Purple! Current Affairs 4
v8topcat collector's beware The Gash Barge 16
seenoffteefcuk Beware The Quarterdeck 2
21_Man Beware... Current Affairs 11
S Stokers beware. Diamond Lil's 9
Grim_Reaper PTI's beware. Current Affairs 1
angry_mac Redacted.....USMC beware The Corps 1
N Beware of Female Colleagues and your Children Diamond Lil's 1
H Beware the blow up doll The Quarterdeck 6
N Beware of Women Diamond Lil's 15
Ninja_Stoker Factual Careers Advice- Beware! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
AfterSSE Firefox Users Beware Gaming 1
chockhead819 Gay Matelots beware!! The Gash Barge 44
M Support A Squaddie - BEWARE! Charity 2
The_Caretaker Latest Scam Beware Diamond Lil's 5
N HMS Ganges... beware ye who enter here Bases / Shore Est 49
N Beware of Old Folk Diamond Lil's 1
J Thieving tw8ts. Diamond Lil's 4
C Thieving Scum Current Affairs 61
MoD_RSS HMRC announces new Directors General for Borders and Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC to accept service of legal proceedings by email MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to the Loan Charge All-Party Parliamentary Group about communications with HMRC customers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t miss out, claim Child Benefit by phone or post, HMRC tells new parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the recommendations of the Public Accounts Committee following the inquiry on HMRC Standard Report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England cuts base rate following second emergency meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC prioritise applications to use denatured alcohol in hand sanitising products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC to stop automatically sending paper Self Assessment returns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC urges people to prepare for Capital Gains Tax payment change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England reduces rate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC defeats promoter who used their own avoidance scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spoil your loved one with HMRC’s Valentine’s Day cash boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC extends customs grant funding deadline MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC highlights a decade of bizarre excuses and expense claims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Busted! HMRC reveals biggest criminal cases of year 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘We've been Santa lot of Elf Assessments’ says HMRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC tips on avoiding Self Assessment tax scams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC appoints interim Chief Digital and Information Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of the new Chief Executive and Permanent Secretary at HMRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC accelerates 95,000 firms onto simplified import procedures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC Interim Chief Executive appointment confirmed MoD News 0