Between HMS Raleigh and HMS Sultan- what happens?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Walter_white, Jun 26, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once training is completed, what happens before you head off to Sultan? (as I'm starting as an AET) Would I get a break and also does the pay increase? - or is that after professional training?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You pass out on the Friday, weekend off, join Sultan on the Sunday night, crack-on. The only time there's a gap is if you fail elements of training and miss the start of phase two or if your pass-out coincides with the start of a main leave period in December, March or August.

Your first pay increase is at week 26 after joining.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Or if you have to wait for the course you might go into the 'Header Tank'. Stuff will then be found for you to do, such as very laudable community projects.:D

4. Normally they are linked via a road or rail trip, bit far to walk.

Sorry NS i'll get my hat

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Kit musters and Phys decrease

Exams and Drinking increases

• Like Like x 1
  6. Time off and a pay rise. Where do I sign......

• Like Like x 1
  7. You make that sound like I'm stupid. You know what I mean

8. If the cap fits then Wear it:D

9. If you think that was aimed at you, you are.

10. It was aimed at me as he quoted my reply.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Fifteen weeks ago, Trig.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Nah.

13. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Slow, even for an AET - it's all these standeasies and early stacks that does it...

14. I am talking about when drakey quoted my reply saying 'time off and pay rise, where do I sign?' That was aimed at me clearly...

15. No it was not , Drakey made a joke but not against you , now put your toys back in the pram.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wot stirlin said.

17. Put my toys back in the pram? I did not for once say I was offended at all as that's hard to do. If I was in the wrong I apologise. However, it seemed to be a dig at me as he quoted my reply and highlighted a section of it.

18. HartleyK
    Toughen up or you aint going to make it in the RN
    Especially in Gods chosen branch of the service where piss taking is a recognised art form recognised at degree level

19. I'm outraged that my comment was not taken in the manner that it was meant. Ah but, was it a joke in general terms, or a dig at HartleyK. You decide......

20. You gotta pick up your clickey bed and set off chains for dragging across the deck when you eventually turn to oh and don't forget your in flight nutty.