Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Between HMS Raleigh and HMS Sultan- what happens?

Walter_white

Badgeman
Once training is completed, what happens before you head off to Sultan? (as I'm starting as an AET) Would I get a break and also does the pay increase? - or is that after professional training?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You pass out on the Friday, weekend off, join Sultan on the Sunday night, crack-on. The only time there's a gap is if you fail elements of training and miss the start of phase two or if your pass-out coincides with the start of a main leave period in December, March or August.

Your first pay increase is at week 26 after joining.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Or if you have to wait for the course you might go into the 'Header Tank'. Stuff will then be found for you to do, such as very laudable community projects.:D

Sumo

War Hero
Normally they are linked via a road or rail trip, bit far to walk.

Sorry NS i'll get my hat

Last edited:

Drakey

War Hero
Once training is completed, what happens before you head off to Sultan? (as I'm starting as an AET) Would I get a break and also does the pay increase? - or is that after professional training?

Time off and a pay rise. Where do I sign......

Walter_white

Badgeman
No it was not , Drakey made a joke but not against you , now put your toys back in the pram.
Put my toys back in the pram? I did not for once say I was offended at all as that's hard to do. If I was in the wrong I apologise. However, it seemed to be a dig at me as he quoted my reply and highlighted a section of it.

slim

War Hero
HartleyK
Toughen up or you aint going to make it in the RN
Especially in Gods chosen branch of the service where piss taking is a recognised art form recognised at degree level

Drakey

War Hero
I'm outraged that my comment was not taken in the manner that it was meant. Ah but, was it a joke in general terms, or a dig at HartleyK. You decide......

barny006

War Hero
You gotta pick up your clickey bed and set off chains for dragging across the deck when you eventually turn to oh and don't forget your in flight nutty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Trainer HMS VERNON Locations between WW1 and WW2 History 3
A BRNC: Is there a break between Militarisation and Marinisation? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Normalising relations between Israel and its neighbours and pushing forward and Israeli-Palestinian peace process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Carlsberg and Marston’s given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Consultation to deliver stronger seamless links between HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Troika Statement on the Peace Agreement between the Government of Sudan and Sudanese Opposition Groups MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ASEAN Chairman's statement of the open-ended Troika virtual meeting between ASEAN Foreign Ministers and the Foreign Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 08/2020: Collision between mobile elevating work platforms, Rochford, Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Operation Stack activated on coast bound M20 between junctions 8 and 9 in Kent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Bids: Promoting Societal Links between Gaza & West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater voice for rail passengers in new collaboration between government and East Midlands transport leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Securing peace between Israel and the Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Visa and Plaid given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FOI requests received by the VMD between 1 January to 30 June 2020 MoD News 0
slim Difference between Aussies and BLM brigade. Diamond Lil's 9
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land fronting Crich Lane, Between House No. 202 and 204, Belper, Derbyshire (ref: 3204843 - 29 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Customers could lose out in merger between window blind companies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ceasefire violations on the border between Armenia and Azerbaijan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rushi Sunak, on the future relationship between the UK and Switzerland on financial services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exchange of letters between Sir Mark Sedwill and the Prime Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Urging a negotiated two-state solution between Israelis and Palestinians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Djibouti talks between Somalia and Somaliland leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welcoming cooperation between the UN and regional and sub-regional bodies (EU) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spain travel during coronavirus: commercial flights between Spain and the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement between the UK and France: 10 May 2020 MoD News 0
M Leave between phase 1 and 2 Joining the Royal Navy 17
MoD_RSS Correspondence between PSPRB Chair and Prisons Minister: 2020 England and Wales written evidence and submission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New MoU between the UK and the UAE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Merger between betting firms cleared by the CMA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mergers between window blind companies raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Collision between mobile elevated work platforms at Rochford MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Google and Looker given the go-ahead MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Future Relationship between the UK and the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal between Prosafe and Floatel raises competition concerns MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somalia: international partners welcome agreement between the Federal government and ASWJ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 16/2019: Near miss between a passenger train and lorry at Mucking AHB level crossing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior clinicians' pensions: letters between DHSC and NHS England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS South Africa: celebrating co-operation between BoE and SARB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cooperation between the UN and AU leads to peace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Correspondence between the Prime Minister and the Committee on Standards in Public Life MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Grants awarded from £1.6m partnership between government and Co-op Foundation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £5 million given to AMR research partnerships between UK and Argentina MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement following the meeting between PM and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar: 9 September 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 09/2019: Fatal collision between a tram and a pedestrian, near Saughton tram stop, Edinburgh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 08/2019: Collision between road-rail vehicles at Cholmondeston MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National mental health programme between schools and NHS MoD News 0
J Very torn between engineering and intelligence Joining the Royal Navy 13
MoD_RSS News story: Tenth Economic and Financial Dialogue held between the UK and China MoD News 0