Better than a selfie-stick...

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by Ballistic, May 14, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is rather impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wonder if Divers & PTIs get discount for bulk orders? :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Fantastic
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Knowing my luck, I'd lob into the river and then watch it float off, never to return :oops:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Ninja_Stoker

One would certainly hope. A matelots' primary source of amusement is witnessing others misfortunes. The thought of a submariner losing something expensive has already brightened my day and brought a smile to my grid. :)

Thank you.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Imagine the amount of AA batteries you'd have to RAS out of the section base TIC to keep that bad boy going!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. My pleasure. I've always thought NE should take a Schadenfreude exam before passing out of Raleigh. Week 2 should be about right, failure being an instant dismissal.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. How would German sausage help?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nothing to do with sausage, dumkopf. It's a relative of some kraut shrink.
    • Braindead Braindead x 2
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Which, Liebfraumilch?
  11. For better or wurst, I'd prefer red wine with sausage. Unless, of course, there's no red wine.....
  12. Brilliant looking piece of kit! Mrs has pre ordered it as a late 2015 Xmas present. Won't get it til Feburary 2016 :( :(
    Will post a vid once I've got it
    • Like Like x 1
  13. never lived until you've been Schadenfreudeded..allegedly!
  14. Schadenfreudeded? An interesting variation is Manoverschaden. (Just ask Blackrat)

Being a numpty, though, I can't find the umlaut for the "o".
  15. Schadenfreudeded was an attempt at humour and I know what Manöver-Schäden is, I think we've all suffered from that one way or another :)
  16. Sorry, Wrecker, I wasn't knocking your humour - simply trying to continue in the same vein.
    Going back to the original post, though, the piece of kit does look impressive. Might it, though, add to the potential problem of increasing use of drones? Are we likely to see "drone rage" when someone takes action against what appears to be snooping in their back garden?
    Or is this just something that we will learn to live with and then accept as normal - like the iron horse or the horseless carriage? Or am I putting the cart before the.....?
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Interesting point, can one stand on one's Estate and bring down any of these drones that invade your air space. Would the team suggest a 12 bore with 4 shot?
  18. Not allowed in USA ...

...but maybe Bogie Knight's has a surplus Seacat system - you never know, a drone just might be a slow enough target :p
  19. Jenner's point about using a 12 bore to blast intruding drones, and Ballistic's about the legality of such action, opens up a whole new game.
    Anti-drone drones, or fighter drones? Simple electronic countermeasures? High pressure water jets? Mini barrage balloons?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Magpie , known to FRO vultures so a drone should be no trouble.