Bestest nicknames

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by stan_the_man, Aug 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oinkey Atack was the CWEM R on York back in the early 90s sharp as a fcuking knife and he mercilously used to denigrate the Tiffs, he got his nickname (which he fcuking hated by the way) one afternoon leaving the mess one of the lads shouted Oi (cos he did his regular thing and didn't chit for his beer - Don't fcuking call me Oink he says (he had more than a passing resemblance to Pinky and Perky) and the name stuck even when I found his crusty wank sock under his pillow one day while securing the lazy fat fcukers pit for action

2. PO on one boat had the surname Best so everyone called him George. One day at sea he flashed and threw his toys well out the pram. "my names not George it's fcuking T...., "

Comment from the back

"alright George, calm down" and he was George foreverafter.

edited for mong spooling

3. A lad i know has the surname Waterston, he will forever be known as Watershot

4. We had a boring twat knicknamed "Exocet"...cos you could see him coming but do fuck all about it.
    Another was called "Thrush"..cos he was an irritating cnut !!

5. There was a Lazy Lobb and Hairy Mott around in the 70's.
    We also had skipper in refit called Tinhead on the account he had a metal plate in it.

6. Flight deck officer on Hms Victorious, was known by one and all on the Flight Deck as TEN TO TWO. You only had to look at his feet angle , whilst flaging the green at Launch.To understand why:laughing2:

7. I knew a bloke called George Harrison...... but everyone called him Ringo... 'cos he had a big hooter !

8. Served with a bloke in my Grey Funnel time called House. He was known to one and all as "Sh1t". Sad, but true.

9. A stoker on a 21 called Tyne. He was known as 'Ollie' which was a tad branchist but even I got it.

10. Pilot on 820 with the surname, Hunt. Instead of the predictable 'Mike', this guy was known as Isaac. He took it really well and even had name badges made up with Isaac Hunt written on them. It was funny watching the gentry eventually figuring t out at the cocktail parties and guffawing into their G&Ts.

11. Had a guy who worked with me at Rolls/Royce/Bentley Motors. with one eye. nicknamed oneoff!! also the old joke about the Spanish woman with one tooth One eater:laughing2:

12. Had a good oppo called Jamie Hough, he was called 'fu*k' from day one!

13. Worked with a guy affectionately called "18 Months", he got run over as a kid and lost part of his ear. :)

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

One poor bugger I knew had a stroke that left him with a severly twisted face, Isiah he became as one eye was higher than the other.

15. When phoning a taxi, a lad with a Polish surname started to spell it out.

He was known ever after as 'B U fuck it Smith'.

16. Paul William Romaines is a first class cricketer. He was, of course, nicknamed 'Human'.

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. I had two baby Tiffs - one was called Mogodon, as he was SOOOOOOOOO interesting, and his mate with the lazy eye was known as Uzi - who's he lookin' at!!!

Wonder if those names stuck!!

From further back, I had an oppo who was known as Bovver ******* as he'd had an 'interesting' early few years in the Mob. We lost touch, only to meet up years later. He'd gone SD by then.

Hello Bovver! Says I.

Actually, it's Brian these days......

20. We had a TS called Tickle, Tess Tickle. (posted it before somewhere)