Best/Worst Nightclubs and Bars

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger
Yes, @repoman I was onboard Antrim for the Seaslug firings. Every time a Seaslug was fired the sailors had to repaint the Quarter Deck :confused:

Winny

Badgeman
Guzz ..... Jesters nightclub and nearly forgot JFKs (the only place in Plymouth that played Drum and Bass!! )
Pompey/Southsea..... Jo's nightclub
Gosport... Nelsons/Emma's
Oh and not to forget BOP nights at Dryad

Last edited:

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
The El Morrocco in Auckland was dire during the 6 o'clock swill period.
First impression of a few females sitting around with a couple of others dancing with one another.
It appeared quite desultory until one ventured into the Gentlemen's convenience.
It was all go there with Jumped -Ship ex-matelots running their sly-grog outlets. Should the police appear ,the booze was secreted into the lavatory cisterns.
Later New Zealand permitted their bars to stay open to 10pm.
Nevertheless NZ was a great run ashore denied to present day personnel--even if they could get there- as RN ships are denied entry as they refuse to declare if they are carrying nuclear weapons. I remember we were washed down by fire floats before we could enter as we had passaged a dodgy sea area.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Bistro in Pompey - caught crabs, I was 17 and living down the stokers mess on Exmouth - you can imagine the next 2 weeks, they murdered me

In NZ as above - there was a club where the strippers used to shave their pubes to Donna Summers 'love to love me baby' - weird how your memory gets jogged sometimes innit..............................

fishhead

War Hero
In NZ as above - there was a club where the strippers used to shave their pubes to Donna Summers 'love to love me baby' - weird how your memory gets jogged sometimes innit..............................
The things we lost when TV killed off variety shows :(

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Romeos and Juliets in Hull, part of what used to be two clubs in one building.
Another typical fun run ashore ends in a visit from the plod.

romeo-and-juliets.jpg

Why they didn't rename it Accident & Emergency I will never know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Gash Barge 21
trelawney126 Current Affairs 1
babystew Diamond Lil's 4