best way to get fit

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by I_james_I, Jan 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whats the best or should i say quickest way to get fit??

also how do i get stronger e.g. able to do more pressups, pullups, situps without putting on alot of muscle as i want to remain fast and light.

cheers lads

2. :bball:
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I refer to my previous reply to your previous similar question. Search through previous threads in this section. Your concerns have been asked and answered before... :roll:
  4. Erm, practice!
    Don't do numbers (eg 50 situps 40 pressups etc etc).
    Every day, do as many as you can until you feel sick and then stop.
    Every day you will do more without being number concious and every day you will be much fitter.

That was as told to me by an RM corporal after passing my PRC in 86.
  5. I find counting actualy works
    Because i push myself for another 10... then when ive done it
    It shout at myself and do another 10 haha

Best thing is to get out and do it.
    Nd you wont gain that much mucle unless you major strain them like

Today i honselt learnt that i aint gunna get fit untill i move my arse =]
    Nd so today i dragged myself down to the gym on my own.
    And woahh it feels good :D
  6. I find clamping a vinyl disc onto a metal Avid platter then carefully placing the stylus onto the surface of the record via the tonearm and turning the PSU "on", quite sufficient exercise for one day. I also find counting to ten as the platter speeds up, before placing the stylus on the surface, help enormously! :biggrin:
  7. Tell your mam no sugar in your horlicks only honey.

Sleep with your hands on the top of the sheets and stay away from Kryptonite!
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

When did you do your PRC Lamri? I was a nod until March might have marvelled at me :dwarf:
  9. another question, on the RMC website it says when swimming use breaststroke. why not front crawl?? anybody know?
  10. Blimey, 86 is a dim and distant memory mate! Erm, probably around either March or September/October because I remember lots of rain :)
  11. Because Breaststroke is a survival stroke. Also easier to do with FO on :)
  12. i think i james i breast stroke is recommended because it builds more of the major muscles such as pec,shoulders and at the same time helps in increasing lung capacity as well there fore overall fitness is improved one thing i do is fast walk on a treadmill with about 10 kgs in either arm doing armcurls for about 20 mins,but check with your gym if you can do that ,the chances are the bigger national ones wont let you but best of luck anyway
  13. I think the breaststroke is because they do a battle fitness swim and this is done with a rifle there for you cant swim front crawl
  14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If it was March I was probably the kings squad that you saw... :number1:
  15. Haha! Probably one of the gits that got dragged into your grot to see you doing your boots :)
  16. Best way to get fit? Do some fecking PHYS!!
  17. not sure if its the best but boxing is good for fitness and strength
  18. Pinch the arse of some bootnecks girlfriend.
  19. When you get to do your cliff assault training you'll also have to cross a ferkin freezing great big quarry with marching order (personal wpn, FFO [full fighting order] + bergen). Do not attempt to crawl across, not because you will drown, although you might once your weapon caves the back of your head in, but because the MLs will beast the shit out of you if you do. It's also a good idea to swim across with your bergen in front of you and with your wpn resting on top :thumright:

Joe's right about boxing training, but why not sign up to the fitness regime on the RM site as well? HERE

PS You've now used up your unofficial quota of dumb questions :thumright:
  20. where did this double posting come from