Best wake up call of all time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Andrew_1980, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been given a start date for HMS Raleigh, feb 14th.. Fully excited f'in sweet!

see you on the other side, proud to be on my way into the ranks of the finest :D

2. You see folks. Short notice entry dates do happen. Someone must have withdrawn and lucky old you were next on the the list. I hope it all goes well for you.

Other newbies are now queueing up to know how long you waited, when was your RT etc.........

3. Congratulations, Andrew.

4. Sorry Drakey - intention wasn't to sound like a smug tw*t - just happy and wotnot. I've had a longish wait, first applied april 2009.

5. Congrats mate. Hope it all goes well for you.

6. You need to make friends with a wren to really achieve the best wake up call of all time.

I find nothing beats a shake (mid ships with lips of course) followed by a nice cup of tea and marmite soldiers.

7. Didn't think that. Genuinely pleased for you. With waiting times so long, everyone wants to get in quickly and are bound to be inquisitive in order to give them a perspective of how long they might actually have to wait.

Good luck.

8. Sound - thought I might have bounded in with a little over-excitement.. bloody internet and it's lack of any kind of expression. :roll: Anyway cheers fella!

9. I can top that. 12th of January 2009, starting on the 14th of March. :wink:

Well done, though. You must be bouncing off the walls :)

10. what you goin in as lad?

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

The sound of a Kookaburra going full blast over the Tannoy at call the hands whilst in Aussi.

12. Out of interest Granny, when you joined, what were waiting times like? Was there a waiting time at all?

13. Nice one. Your on the best date of the year, your with me :).

14. I expect he'll soon be ringing his AFCO to get a new date.

15. Then thats upto him, but im sure he will be fine, his grown up anough unlike some.

16. No waiting time at all for granny, he walked out of the pub, heard a 'thwack' saw some stars and woke up 2 miles out

17. With the Kings shilling grasped firmly in his paw.... :lol:

18. FFS Zoidberg and Chico on the same course!! Drafty's having a larf!

19. Z's much much brighter than you expect in the flesh.

And very charming.

20. He couldn't be as much as a dullard as his online persona.