Best shoe polish for HMS Raliegh

Sumo

War Hero
I know this is probably a stupid question, but what shoe polish is best to take with me to Raliegh?
I've heard it said there is no such thing as a stupid question, I beg to differ.
British Home Stores own brand is best, take foot wear to shop as they provide a colour matching service, hope this helps, good luck with your bulling.
Anymore important questions please ask, we are here to help.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The shop in Raleigh only sells Kiwi (normal and Parade gloss) so take that, as your boots/shoes will look shite if you mix brands.

Ballistic

War Hero
I've heard it said there is no such thing as a stupid question, I beg to differ.
British Home Stores own brand is best, take foot wear to shop as they provide a colour matching service, hope this helps, good luck with your bulling.
Anymore important questions please ask, we are here to help.
Best of luck with that.
The company went into admin 2 years ago and closed all shops.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Best of luck with that.
The company went into admin 2 years ago and closed all shops.
You've ruined the fun of everyone in Guzz now, watching Sumo knocking on the door and peering through the window of the Guzz branch, patiently waiting for the doors to open for the last two years :)

Sumo

War Hero
You've ruined the fun of everyone in Guzz now, watching Sumo knocking on the door and peering through the window of the Guzz branch, patiently waiting for the doors to open for the last two years :)
I wondered what Phil G was up to, he said he would be ok, sunning himself on his boat
:p

Waspie

War Hero
OP's opening remark did it for me!!!
Glad I was looking after my 19 month grand daughter. I asked her and she said it was. Leelaaaaadenanaples!!!!!!
Sounded ok to me!!!

^Regrets @Ginfizz?

Mai non ami, be assured that sometimes ANY polish will just have to do:

Our midsummer Torpex off Wester Ross concluded much earlier than planned resulting in an unexpected opportunity for a few hours ashore (Rig Run). 'Twas therefore announced that our accompanying Tender would pick up those off watch in ten minutes - resulting in frantic scramblings for a splash & a dash.

At that time the only footwear I had aboard was an aged but comfortable pair of steaming bats. As they were worn down to bare leather in most places the only polish anyone could locate was liberally & hurriedly applied with just seconds to spare.

Stepping out onto the casing in the early evening's brilliant sunshine those now flash bats caused a quite chuckle from the Jimmy...With a gleam in his eye he praised me for making an effort, even though it was with brown polish!

As the little sparrow would have sung: Non, je ne regrette rien

bollotom

War Hero
Doesn't matter on the make of polish, black, boots for the polishing of, it'll still take forever to bull them to required gloss. Cherry Blossom, spit and very soft yellow duster should get your juices flowing within a week. Now don;t be disheartened that nothing seems to happen for about a week cos suddenly the gloss will appear as like magic and you will then need only a few minutes a day maintenance, :cool:

Ginfizz

Midshipman
^Regrets @Ginfizz?

Mai non ami, be assured that sometimes ANY polish will just have to do:

Our midsummer Torpex off Wester Ross concluded much earlier than planned resulting in an unexpected opportunity for a few hours ashore (Rig Run). 'Twas therefore announced that our accompanying Tender would pick up those off watch in ten minutes - resulting in frantic scramblings for a splash & a dash.

At that time the only footwear I had aboard was an aged but comfortable pair of steaming bats. As they were worn down to bare leather in most places the only polish anyone could locate was liberally & hurriedly applied with just seconds to spare.

Stepping out onto the casing in the early evening's brilliant sunshine those now flash bats caused a quite chuckle from the Jimmy...With a gleam in his eye he praised me for making an effort, even though it was with brown polish!

As the little sparrow would have sung: Non, je ne regrette rien
:D:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Best roles for overseas opportunities. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS New £3.3 million fund to give babies from deprived areas or BAME backgrounds the best start in life MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches Health and Care Visa to ensure UK health and care services have access to the best global talent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reforming UN peacekeeping to best respond to global challenges MoD News 0
NavyStuff2020 Post Removed (As best as possible) Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How ONS changed workplace culture to get the best out of cloud MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS Digital win Best Use of Customer Insight Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Best of British on display at the Day of Diplomats, Turkmenistan MoD News 0
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist Category - Sub Lieutenant Imogen Napper Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist - Winner - Lieutenant Commander Tracy MacSephney Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS Awards open to recognise best practice in making regulation work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boost for UK science with unlimited visa offer to world's brightest and best MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treorchy crowned "UK's best" in the Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Microchipping your pet is the best New Year’s resolution you could make MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A greener Christmas is the best present for the environment. MoD News 0
N best type of exercise for injured person Health & Fitness 9
slim Electric Cars Anyone Own One? Which is the best type to Buy? Current Affairs 21
O Post 16 and the best pathway Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS DASA seeks best Scottish innovators at Highlands roadshow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Competition launches to find best quality early years apps MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MHRA launches consultation on how to best engage patients and the public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We need national debate on rare diseases to offer the best possible care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: HMA Simon Collis send his best wishes in the occasion of Eid Al Fitr MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: KTP Best of the Best 2019 winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Joint statement on the UK-U.S. marine technology SME best practice exchange MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: Offender to Entrepreneur Sharing best practice from the USA in enabling individuals to develop a crime free future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow medical firm showcases the best of UK life sciences sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Intellectual Property Minister speaks of the importance of ensuring UK IP remains some of the best in the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM celebrates best of Wales at St David's Day reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Taking on the best: Ministry of Defence Police show sporting prowess MoD News 0
C Best time to arrive at FAT's? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Whitehall loses one of its best and brightest - Charles Farr MoD News 0
J Best ships to deploy on Joining the Royal Navy 12
MoD_RSS News story: London seminar: Offender to Entrepreneur Sharing best practice from the USA in enabling individuals to develop a crime free future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Making the best use of small contractors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Making science work, together: how can we build the best possible future for science, research and innovation in the UK? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: British Bike exports soar as the UK's best head for Manchester MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World-leading projects in UK aerospace: funding for best ideas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Matt Hancock: NHS needs to widen search for best leaders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: GLD named one of UK’s Best Employers for Race MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Crickhowell High Street crowned "UK's best" in Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Nucleus named Scotland’s Best Building 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New boost to showcase ‘best of British’ creativity abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New ROI tool shows best ways to prevent cardiovascular disease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Waddington to operate Protector, with best of British air power on show at Air Tattoo MoD News 0
Winny Hms Cambridge best scran back in the day. The Quarterdeck 4
S Question to any current/ex divers - Best ways to equalise? Joining the Royal Navy 4
J Capita Triage Call and what best to do now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0