Best programme on tv at the moment.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by johne, Nov 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got to be spooks 100% better than the last series. What do you think ? :thumright:

2. Never............All my truck driving mates swear its the new Top Gear :w00t:

3. i like em both - however as part of an upcoming draft to MASU i have to do my HGV driving.

do you think the prossie murdering will be part of the test.

if so where should i do my emergency stop and jack-knife evolution.

4. I quite like Silent Witness, but am far from an expert on things televisual.

Oh, and Question Time.

5. Just watched "New tricks" for the 1st - quite acceptable. Other than that I lament the end of the Test Card!

6. I would have to agree, Spooks is great, although I have to admit to being a bit of a Prison Break fan as well. :thumright:

7. The Prossie part comes later in the advanced test. :toilet:
    However if you get a receipt I believe that prossie services are included as part of the Education allowance for HGV holders :w00t:

8. Spooks is VG ,maybe they will give Michael Caine a part ? :thumright:

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I have it on good authority that Eddie Stobart allows his drivers to paint the names of their murder victims on the front of their trucks. But two names is the max - three or more victims and he turns them in to the cops... :wink:

10. Spooks, Silent Witness, Top Gear. All good although TG may be getting a tad too silly?? Haven't seen the furore ref JC's lorry driving comments but can imagine. Everyone gets offended at some time by something...except me.
    Mrs DE does enjoy Saturday Kitchen.

11. "The Imbetweeners" Very funny, bit like an adult "Adrian Mole". Watch the episodes when they go to the Theme Park and Caravan Club, you will wet yourselves.

12. Our version of Life on Mars is going down OK, but, it hasnt got the "Sweeney" atmosphere of the UK original.

Prison Break isnt going well, too complicated and yawn.

TG, we get it on BBC America and its a year or so behind you, BUT THe best is on HBO

LittleBritainUSA

13. saw the Aussie version of Top Gear the other night...

What series of Spooks are the UK on?

is Taggart still running on UK TV?

14. How about University Challenge or "Universally Challenged" for the majority of us.

Makes me laugh at the disbelief on Paxos face when given a silly answer. It's okay for him, he has all of the answers in front of him.

See if you can answer the first question before our future scientists/doctors/politicians/dole queuers and fast food outlet representatives do, just to make you feel good.

:w00t: :thumright:

15. Numbers

16. Spooks is on its 7th. series and Taggart has just started a new series 25th. 94th. episode

17. My Family At War around 2235 every night on Beeb 1 up to Remembrance Day.

Peeps tracing their relatives in the great war.

18. Whatever we can get on BFPS - am stuck in the desert

19. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Jonathan Ross, until the "outrage" leading to his suspension. In the cold light of day though, the girl is hardly an innocent victim is she.

20. Time Team Special Last night

The lost dugout of WW1

It was amazing how good of condition it was still in and very interesting as I heard little about the tunnel squadrons of WW1