Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Best Nicknames

With the same surname as a famous jam maker (starts with H) I naturally became "Sticky". My favourite though was a guy I met many years after leaving the mob, who was SO boring that we nicknamed him "Exocet" - the reason being that you could see him coming, but could do very little to get away from him! We also had a "Thrombo" as he was a slow moving clot, and surely everyone remembers the two Pompey Ladies called Isiah (one eye was higher than the other) and Juanita, who only had one tooth!

In the 1970s when the Fleet Chief Petty rating was introduced and was to be addressed as Sir by sub-ordinates, one said call me Harry in the mess.
He was called "Harry In The Mess" I believe this was on the Hermes and the nick name followed him to Collingwood

hnhnwilliam said:
In the 1970s when the Fleet Chief Petty rating was introduced and was to be addressed as Sir by sub-ordinates, one said call me Harry in the mess.
He was called "Harry In The Mess" I believe this was on the Hermes and the nick name followed him to Collingwood

Went on to Sultan. Course office on one of my courses, he said " My name is WO P>>>>>N, but you can call me Harry in the mess"

After he introduced the course time table, he asked the class " have you any questions?"

Tiff 2 asked "Harry in the mess, Does your mother give head"

Didn't see him again

I'm pretty sure that when my brother was promoted to WO, he bacame a WO(OPS)SI - thereby elegible to sit in Frank Spencers beret!

On Sealion we had a Part Three UC by the name of See. When he left us he was AB See! Knew a MEM Stains (3-guesses what he was called) and a Leading Seamen (Seaman) Killick.

Clangbong_flunob said:
Circles, a L/S who was once asked how many degrees are there in a circle, replied "depends how big the circle is"!!!

This was when he was a baby UC . Latter when his father came down the boat he asked why his son was called "Circles" and was told, he clipped his son round the head and said "You stupid c%$t every body knows there`s 100".

A baby fore endy known as "Slik" he thought it was great untill he found out it stud for "smelly little Irish k**t.
Trottski for a guy called Trott after changing it by dedpole ,no change there then.

Knew a Lieutenant called Seal Pup, because every time he spoke you wanted to club him to death.

Another officer became known as On Tap Thommo, because as a part 3 he was convicned the Wardroom brew urn was sound powered and could be operated by sayng 'ON TAP' loudly and clearly.

Latest Threads