BEST Medal Framing Company in the SW

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Tricky71, Sep 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please....

Linkies would be nice.

....and YES Lamri, I do have some medals! We were not all NAAFI loafers like you! :muhaha:

2. Heres one in Wolverhampton mate, thats not too far from Vicki Pollards council estate, is it.
    :D

3. Amazing what you can buy at car boot sales Tricks ;)

4. Cheeky ******.....I was in the real Navy, not that floating hotel port your serving in. :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

5. Lol yeah right, when did you join again?

6. Before you did sprog.....LOL

D216.... :afro:

7. Getting a quote thanks Lam, I will take a photo of it when it's done.

8. Tricky,

I do believe Lammers has loads of medals as it goes - have you seen his BF2 account lately? :)

9. That's the nearest those hotel boats are of getting to get any.. :thumright:

10. Sprog!!
    Fecking hell, how long did you do before you were kicked out again?
    6 years wasn't it?

11. Cheeky.....

13 Years of which 12 were Mens Service. Looking back, I should of stayed for my LS&GC but at the time I was spending between 9-11 months at sea and the old dutch was getting a bit naused off.

Still, commisioned officers get their LS&GC after 12 so it won't be long before someone challenges it and we are all sent them in the post.

12. Commissioned occifers do not get awarded the LS&GC medal. At least they didn't in my day, it was for ratings only as occifers were expected to have good conduct. If you saw an occifer with a blue peter ribbon you knew he was ex lower deck

13. Qualifying criteria

An other rank who completes 15 years reckonable service from date of attestation or age 17½, whichever is later, and is a holder of all three good conduct badges, shall be eligible for consideration provided that their character has continuously not been lower than ‘very good’. There are a number of offences / misconduct which would normally preclude award of the LS&GCM. Award's are only made after a comprehensive check of a sailor's record of service.

As this medal requires the recommendation of the individuals' commanding officer, it can only be awarded to serving personnel.

An other rank who, subsequent to award of the Medal, goes on to complete a further 15 years service shall be eligible for award of the Clasp to the LS&GCM provided that the conduct / discipline criteria have been met.

An Officer shall be eligible for award of the LS&GCM if 12 or more of the 15 years service has been in the ranks and provided that the other criteria have been met. An Officer shall be eligible for award of the Clasp if 22 or more of the 30 years service has been in the ranks and provided that the other criteria have been met.

Prior to 1 December 1977, 18 years service was required for consideration for the LS&GCM.

I miss read.... :thumright: