Best fish & chips.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by w.anchor, Sep 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where have you had your most orgasmic nosh up of fish a chips.

Me "THE WEE CHIPPY" Anstruther,Fife wiff mushy peas 8)
  2. On the A38 just into Gloucester city on the south side. Yummy :roll: :) :)
  3. Somewhere in Fleetwood a long time ago

I came in my pants...

...and I was only six
  4. milliys chippy on the docks in maryport cracking grub in that spot
  5. Where are the best Fish and Chips in Portsmouth?
  6. lets not get regional we need the name of the ultimate national orgasmic fish & chip emporium in the Uk. :eek:
  7. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Fish Shop, Brookhill Street, Stapleford Notts. Around 1947/8. 3 pennyworth of chip, wrapped in the Daily Mirror, with a side order of 'fish bits', the bits of batter fallen off the fish.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Fisherman's Wharf" in Fawcett Road, Southsea... 8)
  9. I'll have a sniff
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It'll be shut now... 8O :wink:
  11. On the docks in Hull,he used to fry everything in lard,yeh i know its bad for you but the ferkin taste was unbelievable,
  12. Possible justr after the Anstruther Fish Bar changed hands but it is now back up on quality and is the best. That is not to say the other one isn't good, just not the best.
  13. I'm glad to hear that the Anstruther Fish Bar is back to it's normal high standards at last.It could be a contender for the worlds leading chippy & ice-cream emporium.
    Well worth the drive from Dunfermline. 8O
  14. Even better with a bus pass!
  15. The Fish & Chip Room, Jumeirah Beach, Dubai... by a wee & chips are superb!
  16. Driving south down the A1, take the road signposted to Wetherby and just before you get into town it is on the left. I can't remember the name but they will make chip butties for you if you ask. Or they did in the seventies; happy days but crap pop music!
  17. It was also in the Observer Food Monthly magazine this Sunday.
    "Ansturther Fish bar wins all the plaudits-it was named Fish and Chip Shop of the year by the National Federation of Fish Firers last January".
    The reporter Mr Lunch Time O'booze commented,"a totally orgasmic culinary experience I came twice on my way around the buoy". :lol:
  18. Does he deliver?

Its flat 3 Turfemout ave,

PS plenty of salt and vinegar please. 8O :D :wink:
  19. Excellent fish and chips at Doyles, Watsons Bay, Sidney,
    Its just a long way to nip out for a fish supper!