Best Exercises???

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by futuresparky, Sep 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what are the best exercises for your upper body your core and your lower body??

2. Re: Best Exercises

Physical ones !

3. Re: Best Exercises

You're gonna need to be more specific mate! Do you want muscular strength (dynamic or static?), muscular endurance or increased muscle size? Why do you feel you need to exercise your upper body? What are your targets?

4. Re: Best Exercises

i dont really care if i look stronger i just want to be stronger
    so when i join i can lift more and for longer and anything i will need to do in the forces but as i have ages befoe i can join i might as well start now

and i also need to train my core and my lower body

well i want to train them lol

oh and i have no targets

5. Join?

RM/RN?
    Big difference in the demands from each one...
    even so go to your AFCO and they'll sort you out with your questions about fitness and most likely get you a fitness pamphlet of some sort. (Y)

6. Push ups attack quite a few muscle groups....start with ten a day and slowly increase the number, when you get used to your daily number alter the fulcrum point....easiest way is to rest your feet on the sofa.

7. Counterpaine hurdling for endurance and pint lifting for strength :dwarf:

8. CASEX and a DISTEX!

9. Spot on advice from topstop, but it works better using a litre instead of a pint, and preferably one in each hand. :thumright:

10. Bedroom gymnastics !!!! :)

Can't beat it!

11. At the end of a hard day's work I find nothing better than to go back to my grot and throw myself around the room!