best ever?

dondon

MIA
lauralovestodig said:
best something you have got to do in the navy??

pull lots of women with your uniform and smoart navy talk?
visit an amzing place??

tell your stories.


In the 70s I had to leave the old Ark Royal on compassionate , & the only way they could get me off was to fly me off in a Gannet , fxxxxxxxxxxg awesome , never forget it , flew me to Norfolk Virginia , US Navy staff car to the nearest civilian airport , then up to New York Kennedy air port , straight onto a BA 747 to Heathrow , hire car waiting for me , never even needed a ticket , RN at its best , compassionate turned out ok in the end as well , :D :lol:
 

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
Rig run in Times Square in New York on the 4th July was spectacular.

As was flying home First Class from the Seychelles!!
 

dondon

MIA
the_matelot said:
Rig run in Times Square in New York on the 4th July was spectacular.

As was flying home First Class from the Seychelles!!

Club Class down to Rio to join HMS Hecla , pissed as a fart , :roll:
 

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
dondon said:
the_matelot said:
Rig run in Times Square in New York on the 4th July was spectacular.

As was flying home First Class from the Seychelles!!

Club Class down to Rio to join HMS Hecla , pissed as a fart , :roll:

It's for winners!

However, they've shitcanned all that now and it's a case of people flying crab air to join their units.

EG-A group joining a ship in Dubai will go from Brize to Qatar and either go civvy air from there to Dubai (1 Hour flight) or if there are quite a few people travelling in a group the aircraft will go direct to Dubai.

Whilst it is cheaper, it means that what was a 7 1/2 hour beforehand now turns into a 2 day evolution.
 

dondon

MIA
the_matelot said:
dondon said:
the_matelot said:
Rig run in Times Square in New York on the 4th July was spectacular.

As was flying home First Class from the Seychelles!!

Club Class down to Rio to join HMS Hecla , pissed as a fart , :roll:

It's for winners!

However, they've shitcanned all that now and it's a case of people flying crab air to join their units.

EG-A group joining a ship in Dubai will go from Brize to Qatar and either go civvy air from there to Dubai (1 Hour flight) or if there are quite a few people travelling in a group the aircraft will go direct to Dubai.

Whilst it is cheaper, it means that what was a 7 1/2 hour beforehand now turns into a 2 day evolution.

swines , got to take the fun out of it ,
 

RNFLUNKY

Lantern Swinger
The last Matelot to leave Hong Kong in 97. Turned the lights out!! Love it!! That's my pinical point that will remain with me forever...
 
Had lots of good times --however I think the best one was getting off the Hermes .

Had a draft chit to next billet and it said to join having had all leave due.
Hermes was always at sea-and I had a months leave owing .
I was helo transferred to a Destroyer and arrived Malta next morning same day flight from Malta. The Maltese cop on departures queried the how did I get to Malta but stamped my passport exit .
Arrived home the next day.

First Christmas at home in three years.
 
Did Two and a half years in Singapore married accompanied .


The Rich White routine--------great life . Was Base maintenance team so
didn't get any sea time either --other than jollies!!
 

R094V1-George

Badgeman
So many good times, can`t pick just one 8)
3.gif
 

Stripey_G

War Hero
Four years in Mauritius.(over two Drafts)...first 18 months single and the the rest married accompanied on my second visit!! Second daughter born there.Paradise island..fond memories. :)
 
Top