Bermuda Sun: "Action In Falklands Changed My Life’"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For many, it caused a change of underpants sooner than intended, also.

With regard the "religion" bit, there were many who turned-up for church parade at sea, who wouldn't normally have bothered - for some it was probably the link with home through ritual familiarity, for others it was an insurance policy covering all possible eventualities. Whilst the phrase: "there are no atheists in a foxhole" is a hotly disputed cliche by fervent 'anti-god botherers' I'd argue that many a silent prayer was 'thunk', if not uttered.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Yep, I always raise a sly smile when people gob off about God and the armed forces. When you're in the shit you miraculously find it a really good time to re-introduce yourself to God.

For many, it caused a change of underpants sooner than intended, also.

With regard the "religion" bit, there were many who turned-up for church parade at sea, who wouldn't normally have bothered - for some it was probably the link with home through ritual familiarity, for others it was an insurance policy covering all possible eventualities. Whilst the phrase: "there are no atheists in a foxhole" is a hotly disputed cliche by fervent 'anti-god botherers' I'd argue that many a silent prayer was 'thunk', if not uttered.
I'm certain I knocked out a few down there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
security_geek History 8
jesse The Quarterdeck 11
BillyNoMates Bases / Shore Est 5