Bermuda Sun: "Action In Falklands Changed My Life’"

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For many, it caused a change of underpants sooner than intended, also.

With regard the "religion" bit, there were many who turned-up for church parade at sea, who wouldn't normally have bothered - for some it was probably the link with home through ritual familiarity, for others it was an insurance policy covering all possible eventualities. Whilst the phrase: "there are no atheists in a foxhole" is a hotly disputed cliche by fervent 'anti-god botherers' I'd argue that many a silent prayer was 'thunk', if not uttered.

Yep, I always raise a sly smile when people gob off about God and the armed forces. When you're in the shit you miraculously find it a really good time to re-introduce yourself to God.

trelawney126

War Hero
For many, it caused a change of underpants sooner than intended, also.

With regard the "religion" bit, there were many who turned-up for church parade at sea, who wouldn't normally have bothered - for some it was probably the link with home through ritual familiarity, for others it was an insurance policy covering all possible eventualities. Whilst the phrase: "there are no atheists in a foxhole" is a hotly disputed cliche by fervent 'anti-god botherers' I'd argue that many a silent prayer was 'thunk', if not uttered.
I'm certain I knocked out a few down there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Change of Governor of Bermuda: December 2020 MoD News 0
BillyNoMates Bermuda Bases / Shore Est 9
soleil BerNews: "Post-Igor: Navy Helicopter Surveys Bermuda" The Fleet Air Arm 5
security_geek HMS Malabar, Bermuda - Dockyard crests History 8
jesse Brown Hatters Brothel in Bermuda? The Quarterdeck 11
BillyNoMates Malabar - Bermuda Bases / Shore Est 5
MoD_RSS UK-built spacecraft captures closest ever images of the Sun MoD News 0
soleil Sun: "Royal Navy Submarine Crews Face 14-day Quarantine To Prevent Coronavirus Outbreak" Submariners 7
MoD_RSS PHE response to a Sun newspaper column MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Blackpool business provides vitamin D to sun-drenched Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spacecraft launches to explore the Sun MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces heroes celebrated at The Sun Military Awards MoD News 0
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist Category - Sub Lieutenant Imogen Napper Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
soleil FB: The Sun's Military Awards - Best Reservist - Winner - Lieutenant Commander Tracy MacSephney Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
soleil "Selfless Heroes Nominated For The Sun’s Military Awards" Current Affairs 8
soleil Sun: "Prince Philip Wants Princess Anne To Head Up The Royal Marines Once Harry Quits" The Corps 44
MoD_RSS Sun explorer spacecraft leaves for launch site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl’s life saving work awarded at The Sun Military Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Sun Military Awards 2018 reward armed forces heroes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dstl staff shortlisted for The Sun Military Awards MoD News 0
soleil Scottish Sun: "Birdseye View - Breathtaking Aerial Pictures Of Scotland Taken By Daredevil WW1 Pilot Who Survived Nine Crashes" The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS News story: The Sun Military Awards are back to salute the Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Sun Military Awards 2017 open for nominations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Armed Forces honoured at The Sun Military Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Sun Military Awards open for nominations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces honoured at The Sun Military Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Sun Military Awards return to highlight British heroes MoD News 0
IlikeB33r Sun dodgers assistance required! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Tanners90 Application for sun dodger Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS News story: Sun Military Awards will reward outstanding efforts this evening MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: Sun Military Awards to Mark Achievements in Afghanistan MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Book Comp- At The Going Down of the Sun Competitions 17
soleil The Sun: "I See No Ships" MoD News 37
soleil The Sun: "007: The Spy Who Subbed Me" Submariners 32
soleil Ch5 - Gibraltar - Britain In The Sun - Tuesday, 7th January 2014 - 20:00 Bases / Shore Est 4
soleil Sun 2013 Military Awards - The Millies Current Affairs 30
BillyNoMates I remember these. (For Sun-dodgers) The Book Club 0
soleil The Sun: "Pirates On The Rocks - Navy Sinks 17 Boats In Sea Bandit War" The Fleet 2
frogman007 At the going down of the sun. Current Affairs 12
Bad CO Sun Nov 11: Where Will You Be? Current Affairs 71
soleil Sun: "Nuke Test That Says: Don’t Mess With The UK" Submariners 5
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp S/M Memorial Remembrance Parade Sun 4th Nov Submariners 2
soleil Sun: "HMS Gunman" The Fleet 6
soleil Sun: "Ship’s Doctor" The Fleet 0
soleil Sun: "Seaman Dead On Nuke Sub" Submariners 5
trelawney126 Sun: "£1bn Nuke Job" Submariners 3
Topstop Retirement in the sun Current Affairs 0
soleil Sun: "England v Argentina ... We Bring On The Sub" Submariners 51
soleil Scottish Sun: "We Meet The Pirate Busters" The Corps 0
soleil Telegraph: "The Sun's Defence Editor, Latest Journalist Arrested" Current Affairs 1