Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by KyleGlen, Dec 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, I was recently at HMS Sultan and noticed some people with berets, I'm not sure if it was just marines that wear berets or not.. so if someone could let me know I would appreciate it :D
  2. ...Reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy?
  3. no, Im joking. of course really!!
  4. Only since 1974 when issued Used to get 2 caps. One working and one best.
    Remember making bow waves in caps. Don't do that anymore they look like milk churns.
  5. so when is the beret worn? do you have a choice to wear that or the white one? (cant remember what its called haha)
  6. Seeing as Johne just told you, it's called a cap.
  7. For sailors; Berets are normally worn in the forenoon watches being replaced by the White Cap atfer scran, the exceptions being Trafalgar Day, the Anniversary of The Battle of Jutland and the first Friday of the month when White Caps are worn reversed all day.
    Bootnecks wear what ever matches their dress.
    Hope this helps.
  8. Here you go google royal navy beret and have alook at images.
  9. I fear you have oversimplified this matter a touch. For instance, if undergoing Guard Training during the forenoon, the White Cap will be worn to accessorize with the White Belt/French Knife Scabbard combo, and White Ankle Thingies. In this case, Berets will be worn in the afternoon (WEO dates as above). Other exceptions include (but are not limited to) Divisions Training, Divisions, Ceremonial Training, Ceremonials, Main Gate Duty, etc.
  10. Choice? :D :D :D :D :D
  11. Oh the excitement!!
  12. Just wear what you want. I'm a big fan of ska music, so for divisions I'll wear a nice black pork pie hat, but for just bimbeling around the dockyard, I'll just sport a beer dispensing hat. The choice is yours!
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The covetted Royal Navy blue beret, should be carefully soaked, shrunk & moulded as follows (for commissioned Officers):

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or just google cow pat. It looks the same.
  15. [/quote]

Didnt realise that you booties worn the green lid whilst on your run ashore??? :roll:
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Read Daily Orders, FFS! :roll:
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

So how often are Daily Orders published?
  18. Normally when you've had it a while, then you can exchange it for a new one in slops.
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Every d... oooh, you nearly had me there, you cheeky scamp! Now run along and play with the traffic! :thumbleft:
  20. Do you have the same choice with your jumper?? Its only that I dont wear them because I dont get cold, I would rather wear a fleece :lol: