'Benefits' you get from Retailers etc etc

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by TheAaronP, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, both my brothers are in the forces, ones in the Navy as an AET the other is a Marine.

Both of them seem to get discounts wherever they go, free things etc etc if they show their ID Badge.

So, what have you guys gotten as a result of being in the forces? Whats the best kept secret? Cheaper gyms, cheaper food, clothes etc etc?

Cheaper cinema?

Lets here the shops youve been to, etc etc. Would be nice to get a little list going!

2. Domino's pizza gives you 10% discount
  3. Not sure if they still do it but used to get a book full of places that give discounts to HM Forces.
  4. I also remember that you get discount at motorway service stations
  5. I believe the book is still published, but there is certainly a website that lists hundreds of discounts available. In my experience a great number of retailers will offer a discount if asked, usually of 10%. I've even had as much as 20%.

At the end of the day, if you don't ask you don't get. The worst they can say is no so you end up paying the same price you would've done had you not asked.
  6. I merely mentioned that i was going through the application process for the Navy at my local gym, and they gave me a discount which was nice.
  7. Good tip! I'll try that one at mine, save paying £4.50 every time I go
  8. Well, i know for a fact that Fitness First, and Virgin Active both offer discounts for people serving, the *majority* of council gyms have something set up for people in the forces too.

9. That's very nice, but I find the best value gyms for those in the forces tend to be the ones provided. Never costs me a penny and as good, often better, than anything you'll find in a civvy gym.
  10. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Burger King do a discount if that helps
  11. I got the clap in Mombasa, don't remember getting a discount for it though.
  12. Burger King and Dominos pizza discounted???
    Can see now why the Matelots are all so fecking fat, do some phys you pack of salad dodgers.