Belfast Ship Visit?

capt-ahab

Lantern Swinger
#1
Have heard a rumour that an MCMV is visiting Belfast at the end of the month, but havent been able to find out mucvh more about it - anyone know which one it is by any chance?

Cheers

Ahab (capt) :)
 

Old_Hand

Lantern Swinger
#4
capt-ahab said:
Have heard a rumour that an MCMV is visiting Belfast at the end of the month, but havent been able to find out mucvh more about it - anyone know which one it is by any chance?

Cheers

Ahab (capt) :)
Try contacting HMS Caroline, the RNR establishment in Belfast. They will prob have the details.
 

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
#5
Old_Hand said:
capt-ahab said:
Have heard a rumour that an MCMV is visiting Belfast at the end of the month, but havent been able to find out mucvh more about it - anyone know which one it is by any chance?

Cheers

Ahab (capt) :)
Try contacting HMS Caroline, the RNR establishment in Belfast. They will prob have the details.
Or on the other hand, don't. You're straying ito the OPSEC area here guys
 

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
#7
capt-ahab said:
If it's already been advertised publically somewhere its hardly opsec...
Regardless of what is in the public domain, all Ship visits to NI remain Restricted, therefore should not be discussed here. Doesn't matter if its a future visit or you're standing on the Queens Bridge looking at the bloody thing!
 
#8
Well the visit of a plastic sweeper is hardly going to set the world of espionage and Terrorism alight is it?Surely if its in thepublic domain then theres no issue.If Sheik Rat el Anroll and his cronies want to bomb it they can read it itinery all on line and choose the sopt with the nicest B&B's.its a bit thick,afterall it was only an innocent enquirery.
 

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
#9
andym said:
Well the visit of a plastic sweeper is hardly going to set the world of espionage and Terrorism alight is it?Surely if its in thepublic domain then theres no issue.If Sheik Rat el Anroll and his cronies want to bomb it they can read it itinery all on line and choose the sopt with the nicest B&B's.its a bit thick,afterall it was only an innocent enquirery.
OK so where to you draw the line, OPV, Frigate, Destroyer?
It is not for the members of this forum to throw out 35 years of hard won experience with regard to security issues in NI. (Trust me, this is me being diplomatic.)
 
#10
Fleet movements are no longer the secret they once were.with the Internet and IT the whereabouts of ships are probably more accurate, on line, than what or where their "owners" know.
 

capt-ahab

Lantern Swinger
#11
GCYZ said:
andym said:
Well the visit of a plastic sweeper is hardly going to set the world of espionage and Terrorism alight is it?Surely if its in thepublic domain then theres no issue.If Sheik Rat el Anroll and his cronies want to bomb it they can read it itinery all on line and choose the sopt with the nicest B&B's.its a bit thick,afterall it was only an innocent enquirery.
OK so where to you draw the line, OPV, Frigate, Destroyer?
It is not for the members of this forum to throw out 35 years of hard won experience with regard to security issues in NI. (Trust me, this is me being diplomatic.)
You're not exactly the only person on RR who has spent a lifetime with the troubles - we are all more than aware of the security issues present
 
#12
Lads and, well lads......................I would like to close this thread but am willing to leave it open, for now. If some one could PM me about this, I would appreciate it.
 
#13
If i were a terrorist i wouldnt choose a military target at all,far too dodgy.i would opt for something like a Railway station or a Shopping Mall.Nice and open with minmal security,lots of places to hide a device and also a multitude of soft targets guaranteed to get maximum devastation and TV coverage.however if i was a Spy then also a Minesweeper is too small and insignificant.
 
#14
Andy IMHO GCYZ does have a valid point.

Yes the movements are readily available and many organised threats will have them to hand at any given time. These are the threats that Big Brother is aware of, keeps tabs on and combats.

The real threat is from the unorganised, those who gleam information form loose lips!

Best course of action would perhaps be to err on the side of caution, after all these movements aren’t JUST ships, they are people. I’d rather you didn’t cost me any of my loved ones. :)

Beebs x
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top