Being transfered to land based missions working with Army.

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by sim_fitter, Dec 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I seen on a news article dated back in 2008 that they where using Navy Ratings to plug gaps in the work force in the Helmand. My question is: for the rating invloved would this be because they volunteered or was this an order? anyone know first hand about this?

heres the article: Troop shortages force Navy to plug gaps in Afghanistan - Telegraph
  2. The quick answer is both :) if you don't volunteer you will get a crash draft job done
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Let's put it this way: nobody gets stitched. But some dip in more than others... :cool:
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Joined to see the world didn't you?
  5. sgtpepperband

...unless you're an occifer, and you joined up for the World to see you! :salut: :roll:
  6. "Land based missions"? I'm sure you get a good couple of weeks beat up on Black ops/Modern Warfare, before being inserted deep into the Helmand map......
  7. Huh? was just a question, wasnt complaining. it that okay?
  8. sgtpepperband

Alright, Storms... :shock: :roll:
  9. the "is that alright?'' was in a lighthearted tone like delboy off only fools and horses, it wasnt meant to sound like "is that @%$&!!# Alright?:argue:"

...... Alright? :razz:
  10. To be a bit pedantic, although many will have volunteered, all will have been ordered by the issue of an Assignment Order which then means that they don't have the opportunity to change their mind.
  11. Assignment order!! The only matelot that should get assignments is Commander Bond RN

f**king JPA turning everything purple, or Crabfat!!!!