Being made redundant again!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Ja5on, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For gods sake I was made redundant this time last year too another amazing christmas for me not.

Just wanted to vent.

2. Commiserations, better luck next time.

3. Unlucky Ja5on I got binned in March and have only just got work again, just in time to spend my entire first pay package on other people. Is it just me or is Christmas shit after the age of 12 if you haven't got kids of your own?

4. Well I don't know you so I would not say your shit, (its rude) but Christmas is pretty crap unless you are/have kids.
    Anyway happy for you about the job, and at least you have the New Year to look forwards to. :D :wink:

5. Father Christmas is going to be very upset with you.

6. Well I have secured 50 quid a week cash cleaning cars on a garage forecourt every saturday. That should help the savings go further hopefully I won't be out of work too long.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

8. A little blue pill or someone touching you up from behind? It's a hard one to call.

9. Bah humbug! I still want a word with Santa the fat bastard owes me a gameboy from 1989.

10. Beware, 'Cash in Hand' chatter here, or anywhere, as it may invite attention from the authorities and you won't want a blotted copy-book before you join the RN.....

One short-term option may be the Royal Mail. They are always looking for Temp staff (maybe through agencies?) especially with strike back-logs/Christmas approaching.

An added benefit is that you could then add 'ex-RM' somewhere on your CV.

11. Point well noted unfortuanatly I don't live close enough to a sorting office. I have just applied to work for my local Hospice in one of their shops until I find work for free.

12. If you want to find work for free come round. You can milk my horse, see if you have better luck than me.
    Not much ever comes out but the horse does seem happy and always seems to look forwards to milking time. 8O :wink: