Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Being fired in a previous job

Hi all i just sent of my medical questionair and to cut a long story short I got fired from a job last year and I keep worrying that this will have an effect on my application, is this the case?

Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.

Hi all i just sent of my medical questionair and to cut a long story short I got fired from a job last year and I keep worrying that this will have an effect on my application, is this the case?
I'm not sure that being fired will have any bearing on your medical. Unless this is you:
canon.jpg

Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.

But I will have to put the job down to go through security clearance and if they ask why i left the job would that have an effect, I'm not going to lie to them because they will probably find out anyway

They see you employment record, if you have not used them for a ref? if asked why you left, you were not suited to the job, don't lie, but also no need to over elaborate.

It would help if we knew why you were fired. People would then be in a better position to advise.

Basically I started a job as an assistant chef In a kitchen like a year out of catering college and then within the first month the head chef and other chef left (they handed in their notices before I started) so I was left to run a kitchen with out much support, this lasted around 6 month and after things going wrong because I didn't know the first thing about running a kitchen and me losing all enthusiasm for work they told me I had to leave

Then I wouldn't put down that you were fired - you were placed in an impossible situation and expected to take on roles that you weren't trained for or expecting when you took the job and it was mutually agreed that you leave

Latest Threads