Being fired in a previous job

Undeadpineapple

Midshipman
Hi all i just sent of my medical questionair and to cut a long story short I got fired from a job last year and I keep worrying that this will have an effect on my application, is this the case?

metocman

Lantern Swinger
Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi all i just sent of my medical questionair and to cut a long story short I got fired from a job last year and I keep worrying that this will have an effect on my application, is this the case?
I'm not sure that being fired will have any bearing on your medical. Unless this is you:
canon.jpg

Undeadpineapple

Midshipman
Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.
But I will have to put the job down to go through security clearance and if they ask why i left the job would that have an effect, I'm not going to lie to them because they will probably find out anyway

Sumo

War Hero
They see you employment record, if you have not used them for a ref? if asked why you left, you were not suited to the job, don't lie, but also no need to over elaborate.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
It would help if we knew why you were fired. People would then be in a better position to advise.

Undeadpineapple

Midshipman
It would help if we knew why you were fired. People would then be in a better position to advise.
Basically I started a job as an assistant chef In a kitchen like a year out of catering college and then within the first month the head chef and other chef left (they handed in their notices before I started) so I was left to run a kitchen with out much support, this lasted around 6 month and after things going wrong because I didn't know the first thing about running a kitchen and me losing all enthusiasm for work they told me I had to leave

Dusty70

War Hero
Then I wouldn't put down that you were fired - you were placed in an impossible situation and expected to take on roles that you weren't trained for or expecting when you took the job and it was mutually agreed that you leave

Sumo

War Hero
Then I wouldn't put down that you were fired - you were placed in an impossible situation and expected to take on roles that you weren't trained for or expecting when you took the job and it was mutually agreed that you leave
standard Pusser in at the deep end PJT to follow
:)

barny006

War Hero
Whilst I was swerving on the first stretched Type 42 The supply officer decided the extra space could be a R.U. store for Compo/Extra tinned Victuals,the stokers found it contained tinned stewing steak and other delights and substituted the great tins in the pot mess, I couldn't understand how Potmess was better than the scran we were eating at meal times, on our return from the Falklands he decided time to audit emergency rations luckily he and MEO did not get on, and mentioned the loss in the wardroom M.E.O. tipped us the wink to stop the Middle watch potmess for the time being.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
/\ What he said. /\
You were taken on as a trainee, not your fault both instructors were on their way out already.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be honest, it'll probably come out at interview anyway but if the circumstances are genuinely as described, with no charges of gross negligence, poisoned customers or criminal implications, it matters little.

There are always at the very least two sides to a story, but on the face of it, the circumstances sound entirely plausible & a sacked Chef doesn't stop you being a brilliant Engineering Technician.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Being a Reservist is the best of both worlds MoD News 0
Sumo IRA still being track by secret squirrels Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS The fighting chance: breaking down barriers to veteran’s well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marine and coastal areas linked with better health and well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Surveys being carried out for Tadcaster flood scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RNIB failures led to some children in the charity’s care being harmed, says watchdog MoD News 0
R Being the only girl Joining the Royal Navy 14
MoD_RSS VMD Export Certificates being issued electronically MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Minister visits vital work being conducted by troops in Cyprus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inquiry leads to improved governance at community centre which trustees “did not recognise as being a charity” MoD News 0
B Not being a confident swimmer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
R Joining the RFA whilst being Reserve RFA 6
MoD_RSS Couple and their dog safe after being washed off breakwater at Mullion Cove, Cornwall MoD News 0
Skylarker Being a Chef. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Sumo Justice being sort or vendetta against the British Army, with Politicians letting it happen? Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Businesses are being urged to register for Making Tax Digital before August MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Listeria cases being investigated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Statement on positive steps being taken in Brunei MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER WAFUs being naughty. Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid helps stop 750 pieces of illegal ivory being smuggled from South Sudan into Uganda MoD News 0
B Advice on being a submariner (aiming for bombers) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Press release: Pupils find out there’s more to being an engineer than first thought MoD News 0
N Medical appointment after being passed medically fit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
J Finger Tattoo's. Currently being removed. Will i get turned down? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Y Being available during application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
FunkyJunky Mental Health and being in the RN Health & Fitness 1
Lumberjack Being a reg and getting a degree Joining the Royal Navy 7
R being apart.... Nearest & Dearest 2
SONAR-BENDER Pensions. Are we being shafted? Finance & Pensions 36
S Medical board chances of being discharged after just having an op Blogs 1
L Likelihood of being selected for BRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
L Information on being a Warfare Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
Hooly what campaign medals are currently being issued to Royal Navy serving members? Miscellaneous 8
esunnyside31 Dear Deirdre - "Not sure if I'm being played" Nearest & Dearest 28
Hooly I am over the moon being one of the first 3 to pass the AIB Direct Entrant Petty Officer Technician Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
gerrysurfs Wearing of dolphins and being PMU submarines Submariners 16
D AET - Average time before being deployed on a ship The Fleet Air Arm 3
mitch in the north I FEEL I MUST CONFESS TO BEING A REGULAR AT DIAMOND LILS BACK IN ABOUT 1985!! Diamond Lil's 15
A Is the number one uniform also being replaced? The Fleet 14
FAAFLYNAVY American Airbases Being Closed! Current Affairs 16
P Images of T22C's being scrapped The Fleet 6
stan_the_man Just come off a month under pun for being a troll on RR The Gash Barge 22
M What being is a Medical assistant general service really like? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Ageing_Gracefully Do you fancy being a book reviewer? The Book Club 5