Being fired in a previous job

Hi all i just sent of my medical questionair and to cut a long story short I got fired from a job last year and I keep worrying that this will have an effect on my application, is this the case?

metocman

Lantern Swinger
Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.

Was there a criminal conviction or any sort of publicity attached to the sacking? Have you used that employer as a reference?

If no to the above don't worry about it.
But I will have to put the job down to go through security clearance and if they ask why i left the job would that have an effect, I'm not going to lie to them because they will probably find out anyway

They see you employment record, if you have not used them for a ref? if asked why you left, you were not suited to the job, don't lie, but also no need to over elaborate.

It would help if we knew why you were fired. People would then be in a better position to advise.
Basically I started a job as an assistant chef In a kitchen like a year out of catering college and then within the first month the head chef and other chef left (they handed in their notices before I started) so I was left to run a kitchen with out much support, this lasted around 6 month and after things going wrong because I didn't know the first thing about running a kitchen and me losing all enthusiasm for work they told me I had to leave

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Then I wouldn't put down that you were fired - you were placed in an impossible situation and expected to take on roles that you weren't trained for or expecting when you took the job and it was mutually agreed that you leave

Then I wouldn't put down that you were fired - you were placed in an impossible situation and expected to take on roles that you weren't trained for or expecting when you took the job and it was mutually agreed that you leave
standard Pusser in at the deep end PJT to follow
:)

Whilst I was swerving on the first stretched Type 42 The supply officer decided the extra space could be a R.U. store for Compo/Extra tinned Victuals,the stokers found it contained tinned stewing steak and other delights and substituted the great tins in the pot mess, I couldn't understand how Potmess was better than the scran we were eating at meal times, on our return from the Falklands he decided time to audit emergency rations luckily he and MEO did not get on, and mentioned the loss in the wardroom M.E.O. tipped us the wink to stop the Middle watch potmess for the time being.

/\ What he said. /\
You were taken on as a trainee, not your fault both instructors were on their way out already.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To be honest, it'll probably come out at interview anyway but if the circumstances are genuinely as described, with no charges of gross negligence, poisoned customers or criminal implications, it matters little.

There are always at the very least two sides to a story, but on the face of it, the circumstances sound entirely plausible & a sacked Chef doesn't stop you being a brilliant Engineering Technician.

Latest Threads