Being a Moderator (its not that good you know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andym

War Hero
I have repeatedly asked him to do so,so far he has refused.I have no beef about moderation.Just that a valid bona fide reason for delition to be given.

Bad CO

Admin
Nutty said:
SPB

We did that and AAC, with his seat in the Mother of Parliaments, his access to all current and future legalization, press reports and most other research material. Together with his generally liberal view f the world was voted for by a COUNTRY MILE to replace S-D as MOD on the current affairs thread.

Totally ignored by th management.

Nutty :twisted:

I must have missed this - can you please point me at the thread where this happened?

Ghost_Rider

Lantern Swinger
Bad CO

I think this thread is the one they are on about. There is a fair degree of support for Always A Civvy, not only in this thread but in others within topics discussing the moderation. I appear to have missed this one in passing too! My bad - I'll take 5 :roll:

Ghostie

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Forget it Andy ….. you can`t win, the mods will ALWAYS stick together.

I don`t think your protests will stop the deletions but it might just slow `erm down a bit.

As for Steve being the mod for Current Affairs…… as a (I believe) librarian in the reference library at Westminster he has got to be the most qualified around to mediate on Current affairs and I`m sure if he consented to do it he would be an asset to this forum.

He is also incredibly thick skinned and can recognise a walt at 50 paces (it takes one to know one) I also believe he is gay….yet he commands total respect in his postings, which can be informative funny thought provoking or just downright drivel, yet for all his moods he never offends anyone.

So I say out with Mr Podsnap and in with Steve.

………

Bad_CO said:
Nutty said:
SPB

We did that and AAC, with his seat in the Mother of Parliaments, his access to all current and future legalization, press reports and most other research material. Together with his generally liberal view f the world was voted for by a COUNTRY MILE to replace S-D as MOD on the current affairs thread.

Totally ignored by th management.

Nutty :twisted:

I must have missed this - can you please point me at the thread where this happened?

Bad CO you could start here.

MOD POLL

Nutty

Bad CO may I also bring your attention to your posting

Quote:

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: Site Moderators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,
I think everyone needs to calm down a bit on this thread. A few thoughts:

1. I strongly agree that RR needs a separate identity from ARRSE and this is something we have always tried to generate. From a personal point of view, I actually think this has happened which I'm pleased about.

2. Unfortunately moderators (and admins) can never please all the people all of the time and that is life. This can make it a real thankless task - especially when you get abused by both sides of a debate. Sometimes this boils over into frustration and mods say things they perhaps shouldn't. Remember everyone is human!

3. When we started RR we needed people who we could trust and therefore it was inevitable that it would be RN types from ARRSE who would get the nod. As time has passed and site usage increased we have tried to select new mods exclusively from RR users.

4. If there is a major groundswell of opinion that says x or y should be a mod then we will definitely take a look at them .....

Hope this clarifies our position

Unquote

My change of colour as a high light tool.
Nutty

andym said:
How was i to know it had been deleted???It dissapeared in seconds!I thought it hadnt been recognised by the system so reposted it.HAD seadog the good manners and gumption to have put a reason for deletion on there then i wouldnt have had to repost it.And then he goes on to fictionalise just what i posted !!!!Blatant lying!No more ,No less!
Totally agree here, I had a post deleted so quickly with no reference, pm or otherwise so posted it again thinking it had not gone through (which does happen) and the only way I knew was when the deleter whinged about it later. It would be extremely helpful if a reason for deletion was given, even if it is a "I deleted it because I don't like what you say and I am able to do so" comment.
I have no choice now but to change my posting style as it has become clear that some of the mods want me off this site, I know my banter and wind ups' don't sit well with some, this was the same in the mob, I understand that people have different levels when it comes to sense of humour. Some of my opinions are not wind ups' however, and I do have fairly strong views on some things but I now understand that I need to be a bit more delicate about the way I post.Thanks to CO for the heads up and having the decency to contact me. For the mods who want me banned, I also understand that you may have been too shy to pm me and thought it better to get together and contact me via the CO but I am quite approachable really, feel free to message me if you have a problem, I don't bite (often). :wink:
Right, I will now endeavour not to upset the moderators, I will try my best.
Nuff said.

Ghost_Rider

Lantern Swinger
Ladies and Gents. I think between this topic and its counterpart, everyone with an opinion has had their chance. I'm now locking these topics to stop this going round in circles. Any problems with this, please pm me...

Ghostie

Status
Not open for further replies.