Being a Moderator (its not that good you know)

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Deeps, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello gang, just thought I would put a few things straight as there seems to be a bit of ''banter'' on Rum Ration at the moment. RumRation started just under a year ago.So of course there was no set up for site moderation .Yes a few Naval/ex Naval types offered up there services on arrse, me being one of them.Now being a Moderator on Rum Ration doesnt mean you have special rights or anything. I am the Moderator for the Submariners forum, this means the only forum I can moderate is the Submariners forum simple as that .Whatever other forums on Rum Ration I visit ,it is as a poster. Moderators cannot read Pm 's .We dont even know each other .The awkward bit for us is that we have to do our little job for the benefit of Rum Ration, some of you just see your posts and dont think of the big picture.I include myself in that as I have made several''errors''.

Basically its the fecking internet, if your getting upset about things on here either chill out and get a life, or go to the fridge, get a beer or two.Its not important . Now lets just quit this anti-moderator bollacks its sad. :wink:
  2. Come on you whinging feckers put up or shut up!
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

wasn't me guv, didn't say nuffing, honest :wink:
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. Well this place hasnt had a good old slagging match , its all done in PM so come on you cocks who wants some? starting with the Regulator
  6. Put em up! Hang on! I'm a Non combattant! BERGS!!!!!
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

oohh I'm off to hide behind the sofa, tell me when it's over..................
  8. its not even started , the regulator is hiding in his sherpa van waiting for the civvy police to turn up.
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I have no problems with your style of moderating Deeps, if you do something you say why.

I find Seadog overbearing in his manner and believe that he acts to quickly in closing and deleting threads/posts, my impression is that he believes that as a Mod he has the right to delete posts that he doesn't believe in. Most complaints seem to be about him so its maybe not just my view.

I agree with andym that generally PM's are not the way to go, if theres a problem it should be aired publically on the thread so that everyone knows whats going on.

I would also like to see, where a post is deleted, for the text to be deleted leaving the heading and author in, but in place of the deleted text some sort of explanation for example "Post deleted by (Mods name) because it breached persec (or whatever)
  10. sgtpepperband

I think you've had too much to drink, Shippers. Perhaps you'd better let me give you a lift back on board in my Blue Light Taxi?!

11. You echo my thread re "deleted posts" perfectly Shippers.
  12. Janner,

fully agree your second paragraph.
  13. Spot on Janner.
  14. sgtpepperband

15. Ooooooooooooooooooooo,you sneak!
  16. sgtpepperband

Anyway, back to the thread - a lot has been said tonight about some of the bad things about being a Moderator, but would anyone care to eleborate on the benefits of being one? A

nd seeing as we like to promote and defend a democracy, how about a poll to see which RRs would make the best Mods? [Count me out - conflict of interest with my job; I'd like to remain impartial]

17. I have never deleted a thread (the submariners forum is easy) but I may be forced to delete this one because you lot are so damn fecking boring .
  18. sgtpepperband

Hmm, didn't get any tonight then?! :twisted:
  19. LOL no ..... just me and a few bottles of becks
  20. sgtpepperband

Hmm, well there's always pay per view on cable... or my pics of the Wren Occifer on the Gronk Board thread! :twisted:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.