Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Behaviour of HMS Cornwall Crew in Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
man in the middle , I have been there 3 bloody times , so dont preach to me . You are talking rubbish. Your comments are based on opinion and not experience.We lost a muslim soldier in Afganistan 2 months ago . You are wrong you are out of order . Go away

Yes, silence anyone who doesn't agree with the majority. How very leftist. How very liberal.

If anyone of you had punctured my points, instead of insulting me, I would have been silenced willingly. Yet you know they are valid points, I have a valid viewpoint, but you cannot refute me so you aim to silence me.

The ultimate leftist weapon. Coerce or banish.

You call Americans who agree with you to bash Bush as "reasonable" and people who don't agree with you as "unreasonable", simply because they agree or don't agree with your feelings.

How rational. How logical. How's the British value of reserve and calm cogitation?

TheManInMiddle said:
The IRA wants to force Britain to a political solution for what they think is part of their country.

The radical Islamists want to convert or kill you all. Great Britain in their mind is theirs.

So what are you going to do when the time comes? Butcher a whole lot of people like what France did in Paris in the 1970s? What would that do for your international standing and energy policy?

The long term demographics of Europe is horrendous. There will be a quarter less Germans in 2050. The number of Muslims will be 25% in France in 2050. Russia will have 50% Muslims in 2050, and 50% of conscripts will be Muslim by 2015.

Are Muslims bad? No, they are people like you and me, only a tiny fraction are worrisome. But two spoons of aviation oil will poison the entire carrier's water supply if not watched.

It's not about Muslims anyway. It's about leftists creating a crisis of confidence in America to further their own aims. I see the BBC has refused to air a video of a Military Cross winner, since that would give the wrong impression, but has a reporter embedded with the Taliban, which would not give the wrong impression.

You, the British military, are under seige within your own country, but you deign to blame America. The modern day Maginot line.

I couldn't get by in Miami if I didn't Habla Espagnole, California is almost 50% Hispanic, Texas [or occupied Mexico as it is commonly referred to] has a huge Mexican minority. There are 15 million illegal immigrants in the US.

Tens of millions of dollars are being allocated to build fences on the US southern borders but it is too late; you built your Siegfeid Line too late.

Energy policy here is dictated by Riyadh and foreign policy by Tel Aviv.

Corruption is the order of the day. Bush has shredded the Constitution and right-wing adventurism has trashed the reputation of the USA throughout the world.

Don't you dare to lecture this forum on Britain or our armed services. You are emminently unqualified to do either.

RM

"I couldn't get by in Miami if I didn't Habla Espagnole, California is almost 50% Hispanic, Texas [or occupied Mexico as it is commonly referred to] has a huge Mexican minority. There are 15 million illegal immigrants in the US.

Tens of millions of dollars are being allocated to build fences on the US southern borders but it is too late; you built your Siegfeid Line too late.

Energy policy here is dictated by Riyadh and foreign policy by Tel Aviv.

Corruption is the order of the day. Bush has shredded the Constitution and right-wing adventurism has trashed the reputation of the USA throughout the world."

Assertion after assertion. Only assertions.

The leftist education system works well I see. How about some strong evidence of what you're saying?

And Mexicans, what have they got to do with what we're talking? Are you insane?

You're an Emperor penguin with no clothes, all waddle, no game.

Well 2 of my friend were killed less than a year ago In iraq. One had his head clean blown off. I am very very protective of our role in Iraq. Sometimes too protective , the reason for this is because it makes the deaths of all of my pals and fellow servicemen/ women appear to be a waste. I will take comments from people that have been in that situation before not from people that have no idea what its like. You ahve joined up to this site purely to spead your opinion. To be honest I agree with a few bits of your posts however your sole purpose on here is to wind us up.

This site is about discusion ,banter and chit chat. You dont bring any of that to this place.Please leave before you are banned .

Challenge my points. None of you can. All you want to do is sit here and bash America all day long for every perceived ill, feeding on rich morsels from your press. "Oh look friendly fire, the evil Americans..." except that the RAF is "absolutely useless" in the opinion of some of your soldiers and many more lives have been saved by the same Air Force.

You're bullies in the safety of your own forum, and bullies are cowards. You attack America because it is a soft target who never fights back against their "friends" the Brits. In 40 years time I would like to see your politicians criticise countries like China the same way. Then we'll see what it means to be smacked down.

Bush-Halliburton et al are profiting at the expense of the US People, they are setting themselves up for comfortable directorships once their time in this awful government has come to an end.

I strongly believed that we should have finished Saddam in the first Gulf War, there was a popular uprising in the South, and had we supported it, I believe Iraq would be in a stronger position, the Iraqi people whould have trusted us for a start, but it was the French who held us back then, no doubt wanting a country to sell arms to once the "problem" had settled down. Iraq has not been "pacified" as you term it, because we went in on the wrong attitude, furthermore, mistakes were made in the way the invasion was handled, namely the complete dismantling of the Law and Order system at the time.

America and Ourselves are not a shining beacon of morality, and Islamic countries are also far from it, however, these being democracies, we all have a right to voice our opinions be they leftist, centrist or leaning to the right. America treats its friends well? My how memories fade, the lack of support (diplomatically or otherwise) in the Suez escapade. Or the fact that the Senate wanted nothing to do with Hitler's march on Europe, thank god for FDR during the Second World War, because very few men would have gone beyond the Isolationist mindset of America at the time.

I ask you TheManInTheMiddle, but have you ever been in a situation where you have been faced with an enemy's weapons, threatening to try you as a spy, put you in an Iranian prison for Seven years? If you have and you kept to name, rank, and number then congratulations, but if you are no more than another Armchair Warrior, then shut up. Or would you rather have opened fire with your rifle on the eight Iranian speedboats which outgunned you, facing a certain death, and an almost certain subsequent war.

Guys just a quick note.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but just an advisory.

The journalists are out in force on this one, and I've had to remove multiple trawls on Arrse.

Please think of where your comments may end up before you post.

Thanks

PTP

Oh and ManInTheMiddle is a previously banned troll.

PartTimePongo said:
Guys just a quick note.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but just an advisory.

The journalists are out in force on this one, and I've had to remove multiple trawls on Arrse.

Please think of where your comments may end up before you post.

Thanks

PTP

Oh and ManInTheMiddle is a previously banned troll.

Good. Let us hope that any journalist who is trawling reads this. There are a lot of people on this site and on ARRSE who understand the circumstances of what occurred with the 15 crew of HMS Cornwall. Some of us have been through JSIU and resistance to interrogation training. Some of our members were captured by the Argentines in Port Stanley. Some of us, like Deeps, have carried out multiple tours of duty at the tip of the spear.

I linked to Commander Huber's column because his analysis of how the crew of Cornwall acted makes more sense than anything else that I have read and he refutes some of the more histrionic commentating that I have seen. The 15 were put in an impossible situation and the why's and wherefore's of that will come out in the BOI [although I anticipate a major butt-covering exercise by The Bliar].

Welcome home boys and girl. Hold your heads up because you did nothing wrong.

RM

I agree Bergen they did do nothing wrong but sadly that is not the case now where 2 of them have sold their stories and created a hail of bad publicity and feeling.

finknottle said:
I agree Bergen they did do nothing wrong but sadly that is not the case now where 2 of them have sold their stories and created a hail of bad publicity and feeling.

Spot on Fin; I couldn't agree more.

RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads