Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Behaviour of HMS Cornwall Crew in Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of rubbish printed about the behaviour of the captured British Servicemen during the time that they were being held by Iran. A lot of the more idiotic comments have been from people who should know better, particularly in the USA.

Here is a link to Commander Jeff Huber USN (Ret.) - he writes more sense than any journalist on this subject.

http://zenhuber.blogspot.com/

RM

I particularly liked this paragraph, seems to apply to a lot of other folks without even Colonel Jacobs' service record or experience!

"With all due (and well deserved) respect to Colonel Jacobs and his magnificent service record, he displays the classic symptoms of the Pavlov's Dogs of War syndrome. Like many U.S. military officers of his generation, he can think analytically about military and foreign policy issues, but only up to a certain level. At some point, his cognitive processes short circuit and migrate from the head on his neck to somewhere below his belt."

That man should be MSNBCs military analyst, not that red neck Army rupert prat, if men like the writer were in greater power I am sure there would be a bit common sense before all guns went in blazing.

Oh and another thing, with people like the MSNBC Commentator in such high command, it is not doubt that the US Armed Forces have struggled to gain hearts and minds in Iraq!

Would I be right in thinking that the USofA don't do 'hearts and minds' even towards their allies if we look at the results of certain friendly fire episodes (doubt if they do it to each other even!) ain't Gung Ho to be sensible and nice! (but firm)

Bergen said:
There has been a lot of rubbish printed about the behaviour of the captured British Servicemen during the time that they were being held by Iran. A lot of the more idiotic comments have been from people who should know better, particularly in the USA.

Here is a link to Commander Jeff Huber USN (Ret.) - he writes more sense than any journalist on this subject.

http://zenhuber.blogspot.com/

RM

Well done Jeff Huber . I had a look at previous observations he had written and they are quite interesting . I think the truth will all come out of America when Dubya gets his draft chit next year ???? Cronies and shady dealing .

In the midst of the frenzy of acusations directed towards the Cornwall's boarding party it is good to see some common dog. If only more yanks where like this guy.

I'm glad that there is someone over that side of the pond who's really got his finger on the pulse of reality. Can anyone persuade him to run for president?

There are very few on this "side of the pond" (apart from on this site), who have had anything helpful to say on the matter. Even the MOD, (who must be backed by the Government), are hanging these people out to dry with their latest cretinous decision. Can't one of the RN/RM senior officers speak out and put an end to this madness?

2BM

I get so bloody pissed off with all the 'experts' second guessing the actions of the hostages. :x I can only hope that if I were ever in a similar situation I could handle it as well as they did. BZ to CMDR Huber.

Jimmy_Green said:
I'm glad that there is someone over that side of the pond who's really got his finger on the pulse of reality. Can anyone persuade him to run for president?

if he were to run for president, he wouldn't get enough cash to actually win.

CDR Jeff Huber also posts regularly at the American political blog, Daily Kos. This same diary was posted there. If any of you care to wallow in the uninformed opinions of the "military-hating far-left wing", you can find your mire here.

Unfortunaely, our top-shelf anarchists have not shown up in force. So you might have to settle for some almost rational observations.

footnote stuff:

Daily Kos is a big posting community set up to support the American Democratic Party. It's owned privately (by a guy nicknamed 'Kos') but hundreds post there and thousands read what is posted. It is branded as a 'far-left wing' hotsptot of radiacalism. But it's branded that way by right-wingers such as Rupert Murdoch and his ilk. It's more accurate to say it is an 'enthusiastic, motivated, and pissed' left-wing community. The mainstream of Daily Kos is composed of practical-minded people, not bomb-throwers. The point of Daily Kos is to help win elections, after all.

Since the comments of a few of our right-wing bomb-throwers have made it over to your shores, perhaps these comments from the 'dirty hipppies' will come as a welcome contrast. (Or perhaps you're getting tired of all this, and it's time for me to shut up. Own hint taken.)

Kos rational? ahahaha.

Very sad, Great Britain, very sad. When the only Americans you agree with are the worst left wing nut jobs in America and who would, without a single doubt, abandon Great Britain to her own devices in the future if they could.

Say what you want about the right wing, they are the ones who still retain any sort of kinship with England and affection for her.

Just as you don't expect the left wing in Britain to go to America's aid in any conceivable future, you don't expect the left wing in America to help Britain as well.

Can't you even understand this?

All the social problems that make people so sick of England, the same people in Kos are trying to push them in America.

Very sad, very sad, when HM's website is chock a block with leftist ballbags.

26316.061america_alone.jpg

35917.450chrisianflag.jpg

_39074498_coffin203.jpg

reagan-thatcher.jpg

I'm sorry, but you take a cool rational look at the forums you moderate, and see what kind of breeding ground they have become.

You take a look. How could you live with yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads