Beer.

Time we had some of this, I drink ale but there are some stonkin lagers,ciders and fruit beers out there, on hols last year hotel had a lager from Barcelona, Estrella....superb.
First guzzler(sorry mate) from me is...

Had a couple of these after training today.
Caledonian Brewery

Dry Dock, 4.1, stout, slight coffee taste, delish.

We were in Glasgow recently and had gone our seperate ways, as we do, SWMBO had decided to pop into a Starbuck's for a coffee and to use the WiFi. As they do, she was asked her name - 'why?' says she. 'So we can make your coffee' says they. 'Heather' says she. 'Oh' says he. 'Have you tried the Heather beer?'

Long story short, the beer is called Fraoch, the Gaelic for Heather (it was featured in an episode of 'Ade in Britain' recently) and uses Heather and other weedy stuff, as hops don't grow in Scotland. We bought some in Asda (?) and it was surprisinly nice.

(granny)

Banned
Book Reviewer
half a Bass's Mild with half of Starkey, Knight and Fords Beer. 'Ansom. 11d a pint in the Kings Head PH Elburton. Long since taken over. Those were the days.

Passing through Porthmadog in Wails, stopped in the station bar and had a pint or two of, I think, purple moose? a local brew very nice, used it to wash down a blackbeef (ex local bovine)burger which was excellent.

Passing through Porthmadog in Wails, stopped in the station bar and had a pint or two of, I think, purple moose? a local brew very nice, used it to wash down a blackbeef (ex local bovine)burger which was excellent.
Purple Moose (Miw Piws in Welsh - see, it rhymes!) Brewed in Porthmadog but available in most of North Wales (particularly Snowdonia). They do quite a good range including a Christmas beer called Merry X-Moose.

Try Fuggle dee Dum - Goddards Ale www.goddards-brewery.co.uk/beers.php 4.8% abv
Intensely flavoured, malty, hoppy, strong ale that makes your mouth water

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
S Miscellaneous 0
Floppyjocky The Corps 0