Beer

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by geoffg, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Beer Can Chicken
    Recipe courtesy Bob Blumer
    Show: The Surreal Gourmet

1 (4-pound) whole chicken
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub
    1 can beer

Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.
    Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs and the can like a tripod.
    Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e. no coals or burners on directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear when stabbed with a sharp knife. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

2. Sounds delicious brazen, but as I have to cook for myself, and find no time to do so, find it easier to go buy a ready cooked chicken from Tescos, scoff the lot, then down a few tinnies and jump up and down to mix beer with said chicken....nice! :lol:

3. I'm only here for the Beer! :D

4. Steve...where's the beer..er ...sorry bear, gone??? Finished scratching his nuts??..

5. G'day all'

After a few beers, I feel like Fred Astair, and all I want to do is dancelol

pingbosun.

[​IMG]

6. Stripey,

He found his nuts and left for sunnier climes! Lucky bear!

AAC.

7. G'day aussiepint.

who would have the guts to stick a knife in those breasts???.

Many matelots would have wakened up with worse looking birds than this one ehhhhh !!!

[​IMG]

Great photo though mate.

pingbosun

8. BH, here's one I prepared earlier:

[​IMG]

Regards, Jerry