Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Ration

Richie

Lantern Swinger
Just a moan rearly, I was 17 and a half when I was drafted to 845 Squadron on the Bulwalk in '67 (we flew out to Singers via a Crab Air Britania) went into 3E2 Mess, Killick of the mess was a 3 Badger, name of "Smith", he used to put my name on the Naaffi Beer List but wouldn't let me have any, he used to have it for himself, bastard?
 
Richie said:
Just a moan rearly, I was 17 and a half when I was drafted to 845 Squadron on the Bulwalk in '67 (we flew out to Singers via a Crab Air Britania) went into 3E2 Mess, Killick of the mess was a 3 Badger, name of "Smith", he used to put my name on the Naaffi Beer List but wouldn't let me have any, he used to have it for himself, bastard?

Thats wot three badge killicks are there for to teach little 17 year old OD's that they are just pond life OD's. Did a good did't he.

Or is it you never made killick and are all bitter and twisted.

Nutty: I to was a Bastard
 
Richie said:
Just a moan rearly, I was 17 and a half when I was drafted to 845 Squadron on the Bulwalk in '67 (we flew out to Singers via a Crab Air Britania) went into 3E2 Mess, Killick of the mess was a 3 Badger, name of "Smith", he used to put my name on the Naaffi Beer List but wouldn't let me have any, he used to have it for himself, bastard?


That must be the longest remembered mank in Naval History

40---fecking years. and I bet you got banned from the mess at tot
time aswell :bball: :bball: :bball:


:nemo: :nemo:
 

Kurtz

Lantern Swinger
surely the canman/LHOM could not account for a 17yo's beer? i was on F169 as a junior and dont remember being entitled to chit, but 'what got chitted in the mess stayed in the mess'. officially i couldn't drink, so the LHOM couldnt draw my beer from the CANMAN, and the mess was in the clear. Is my brain faddled from too much Piper, or do i recollect correct?
 

ajoule

Badgeman
Hermes (Fixed wing days) 5Ezoo Greenies mess - Beer bosun put all names on the list and bought it himself - selling it on to you on request with a extra 3d - 2d for the mess fund - 1d for him for doing the job - He later in life became the landlord of the Swan in Sidmouth - Yes - if you were UA (under age i.e. under 20) you did not go in the mess at tot time.
 

danny

War Hero
Kurtz said:
surely the canman/LHOM could not account for a 17yo's beer? i was on F169 as a junior and dont remember being entitled to chit, but 'what got chitted in the mess stayed in the mess'. officially i couldn't drink, so the LHOM couldnt draw my beer from the CANMAN, and the mess was in the clear. Is my brain faddled from too much Piper, or do i recollect correct?

They coudnt officaly account for him. But depends how much of a blind eye people are turning. A lot of peoples opinion is if your old enough to die for queen and country your old enough to have a few beers first
 

stirling2

Banned
Small ships....beer bosun went and bought a crate or two if and when we needed it.....Joss inspected beer locker once a quarter, always one or two cans left in there .
 
ajoule said:
Hermes (Fixed wing days) 5Ezoo Greenies mess - Beer bosun put all names on the list and bought it himself - selling it on to you on request with a extra 3d - 2d for the mess fund - 1d for him for doing the job - He later in life became the landlord of the Swan in Sidmouth - Yes - if you were UA (under age i.e. under 20) you did not go in the mess at tot time.

Poor Uncle Albert..... no wonder he sounds so bitter at times..... he was never old enough to receive his beer/rum ration! Bless! :biggrin:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ET(MESM)whogivesafeck why dont you get a beer ration on T boats Submariners 21
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Malawi: David Beer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "El Embajador" beer collaboration raises funds for soup kitchens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19: PCA Letter to the British Beer and Pub Association MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans and their dependants ‘Beer Call’ Harrogate Town AFC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pubs Code Adjudicator Publishes Guidance on Beer Waste and Duty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Earliest evidence of beer making found on major UK road scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pubs Code Adjudicator Launches Consultation on Beer Duty and Waste MoD News 0
skyvet Free beer (for one day only!) Social & Reunions 17
dapperdunn What beer do you like? The Gash Barge 215
MG Maniac Proof at last that American beer is f**king close to water! Diamond Lil's 26
Stirling Beer. Diamond Lil's 31
soleil "Sailors From Culdrose Help Brew Beer To Mark 60 Years Of RN Search And Rescue" The Fleet Air Arm 0
MG Maniac Proof beer goggles really do work! Diamond Lil's 20
soleil Bolton News: "Flying Ace’s Beer Passes Taste Test!" The Fleet Air Arm 3
LujonSA The tax system explained in beer Miscellaneous 4
2 FREE BEER! Gen Competitions 29
J Whats your favourite beer / lager? Hobbies & The Great Indoors 70
oldseadog Newcastle Beer Festival Charity 0
The_Caretaker Beer Prayer Miscellaneous 0
S The Beer Prayer Miscellaneous 0
G Beer The Fleet 21
TattooDog Deep Fried Beer Diamond Lil's 1
Merlin28 Beer Ban Current Affairs 0
S Non Poncey Beer Diamond Lil's 13
Joint_Force_Harrier Woo Beer The Fleet Air Arm 2
S Beer is good for you. Diamond Lil's 10
Ja5on Beer Rat Packs invented Diamond Lil's 3
T A daily beer can help your bones & stop osteoporosis...... Diamond Lil's 2
2_deck_dash The Great British Beer Festival Sports and Adventure Training 4
N Tonight its Sangria,red wine and cheap beer, Diamond Lil's 21
slim Free Beer Current Affairs 2
G Beer Scam The Corps 7
sgtpepperband No such thing as beer goggles, says study Diamond Lil's 11
D Beer Adverts Diamond Lil's 13
R Special Beer The Fleet Air Arm 2
S Duff Beer Diamond Lil's 1
Ballistic FREE BEER! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
L Your post-budget beer prices Current Affairs 14
G Beer or Lager The Corps 40
sussex2 Free beer tomorrow.. Diamond Lil's 23
wet_blobby Beer......I knew it was good for you!! Diamond Lil's 6
B Sixty pint beer binge leads to four-week hangover Diamond Lil's 6
ukdaytona Arkells Brwery Beer Festival & Brewery Tours (Swindon) The Quarterdeck 0
W Bath beer festival Social & Reunions 1
slim Clarkson rapped for "ginger beer" rhyming slang Diamond Lil's 20
geoffg Beer Diamond Lil's 9
brazenhussy beer ladies.........??!!! The Gash Barge 5
bigbaddog The Beer Tent Diamond Lil's 28
theymademedoit BEER GETTING UGLY MEN LAID FOR CENTURIES! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top