Beer or Lager

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Greendeath, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Guinness. Dinner in a glass... :thumbright:

2. Czech Budvar, now thats a tasty beverage!

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...actually, out here it's mainly Bud/Bud Lite or Miller Genuine Draft (MGD)/Miller Lite... cheaper to drink Morgan's Spicy Rum! :relax:

4. I get Guinness on prescription as part of my calorie controlled diet! :)

Otherwise I like Lindemann's Kriek (when in poofter mode), Newcastle Brown (yummy) when in slut mode and anything on offer when in normal mode. :biggrin:

5. Theakstons XB

6. Newcastle Brown with a half pint glass ,
    Worthies Smooth in the workies .

7. mmm tough choice....guiness is good though! but i quite ike a pint or 2 of our local ales or ciders...ooohhh arrr!!

8. Guinness or Emerson's London Porter
    http://www.emersons.co.nz/ , beats all local 'mass' produced stuff hands down, although Steinlager 'Pure' is not a bad drop on a summers night.
    NZB

9. Just to say navy rum is not that bad i tryed it and its ok. I dont drink my mums lets me have some on christmas etc.

10. I am so chauvinistic! www.grolsch.com Anything else tastes like canalwater...

Hence i live just 4 miles from the original brewery.

11. Kronenbourg or Stella for me.

I like the taste of bitter, but unfortunately it does not like me and I always feel very ill if I drink it.

12. Sailor Jerry's rum is the best drink I have ever tasted.

I do love beer and lager though (even though I drink neither now) and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite.

Though you can't beat a pint of the old Wife Beater that's for sure.

13. depends what part of the country your in?

14. Bishops Finger or Harveys Old when in Sussex

15. Very true - some of the "real ales" dont make it across county borders. Mind theres some thats probably a blessing in disguise!

16. Bitter always - I find lager too gassy. My favourite ? TITANIC Ale from Southampton - a beautiful pint that I found in a Witherspoons pub in Whitehall.