Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Beep Test PB

Can't remember the level he got to (I've a feeling it was 13 something), but our instructor on SRLC ran two bleep tests one after the other, and was the last finisher both times.

Apparently, at his peak fitness, David Beckham could finish it.

Edited to add; my PB is 10 something, but I still hit between 9 and 10 and I'm 51 so I'm happy with that.

I used to do what was asked of me on the annual fitness test as it was back in the day. If I was feeling ok, I may have done a couple of extra sprints!

I don't think that the PTIs used to like people rapping once they reached the test goal but it was what it was.. My PB when fit however was 11.6 iirc.

I heard a rumour that the All Black U-19s were on tour in the West of Scotland around 2000. Allegedly, the worst performer was up at something like level 15.

9:10 back in 2005, it’s gone down hill from there ever since.

To stop people from rapping when they pass, there’s now a second higher goal to aim for. If you get that your RNFT lasts for 2 years instead of 1. Same goes for the mile and half and rockport walk.

To give a heads up though, not sure to what yet, but the RNFT is going through a trial change with a view to becoming service wide soon.

Attachments

• IMG_7997.jpeg
    IMG_7997.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
12.7 as a Nod at lympstone in 2005.

I only remember, as I'm a numbers biff, and scraped through some mathmatics test (Namet?) and was told if I didn't achieve 12.5+ I'd be going home.

I probably scored higher as a fully fledged Bootneck along the way, what with adequate rest and a better level of overall fitness, but that's the one I'll always remember.

Never had such animal as "fitness test" in my time......other than Gym work at "Ganges".......if I could get from messdeck to TS at Action Stations I was deemed fit.

Never had such animal as "fitness test" in my time......other than Gym work at "Ganges".......if I could get from messdeck to TS at Action Stations I was deemed fit.
Yep - once Raleigh was a distant memory never had to do any phys at all - or kitmusters - but it was always encouraged and we always had a clubswinger on board in General Service so I took full advantage - and then there were the mud runs ……

PB, who cares? Other than the individual.
I strived to do my best for me. Yeah I know - self -self - self!!!! As JFH said you do enough to pass and no wasted effort.

Latest Threads