Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been told i can attest at Flying fox what to wear?

redwolf18blue

Midshipman
Hey! been told that i can attest at HMS Flying Fox tomorrow but i havnt been given any other information at all! I have no idea what im going to be doing. Im guessing tomorrow will be just telling me whats going to happen over the next few months of going there. Im just wondering what i should wear to the first visit?

Thanks again Angela

Angela,
Attestation is not a ceremony, it's just a submission of forms that formally makes you part of the RNR as a Probationary Recruit. Once attested, you will be given a form to complete with your sizes, so you will get a pair of trousers, a shirt (boots if available) the following week. As soon as they have been purchased, you will be issued with a FOX polo shirt, which you will ware instead of the shirt. You will also then qualify for pay for all your future elements of the recruiting process (medical, eye test, fitness test etc), and also receive pay for attending FOX.

GOOD LUCK

Smart casual is always best when attending a unit for the first time. You want to make a good impression and the Navy isn't that fond of jeans so I'd avoid them.

Chris_1805

Midshipman
I attest soon, and in my information letter it says the following: "Dress for the evening should be smart civilian clothes with collar and tie for males and equivalent for females". Hope this helps.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MG Maniac Has anyone told the Woo's its been decommissioned??? Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS ODP Engage 2020 – What an amazing week it’s been! MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 28 south-east employers have been recognised in the 2020 Silver Employer Recognition Scheme Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 1 in 8 people in England have now been tested for coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS COVID-19 app has been downloaded over 10 million times MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 1 in 10 people in England have now been tested for coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report looking at how hateful extremists have been exploiting the current pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Fighter Jets, Surveillance and Refuelling aircraft have been in action across Europe this week in support of NATO allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Issues with our services have been resolved MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 21 million pieces of protective equipment have been shipped to the UK from China MoD News 0
J Prnc Mod Caldonia 11th May Has been cancelled Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
janner Have you been Pwned? Bloody Computers 10
MoD_RSS We must protect Children in Armed Conflict: "Children have been robbed of their childhood and forced to participate in brutal wars" MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘We've been Santa lot of Elf Assessments’ says HMRC MoD News 0
M Joining as AC but not sure AFCO have been honest about the role Joining the Royal Navy 50
slim Who is to blame for the way Brexit has been Handled? Current Affairs 22
MoD_RSS RPA confirms overdue agri-environment claims have been fully paid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alok Sharma has been appointed Secretary of State for International Development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kemsley Paper Mill (K4) CHP Plant has been granted development consent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Britain has been shaping the world for centuries. That won’t change with Brexit: article by Jeremy Hunt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Companies House has been recognised as a Disability Confident Employer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: WO1 Glenn Haughton OBE has been appointed as the first Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chiefs of Staff Committee (SEAC) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of courageous World War 2 pilot has been rededicated 77 years after his death MoD News 0
J Joining navy if you've been prescribed orthotic insoles by NHS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: Two World War 1 Majors have finally been identified a century later MoD News 0
J My Careers advisor hasn’t been in contact? Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Fatality notice: Sergeant Matt Tonroe has been killed in action in the Middle East MoD News 2
soleil Herald: "Plymouth Royal Navy Medic's Incredible Bravery Has Been Honoured In New Portrait" Bases / Shore Est 3
MoD_RSS News story: Two World War 1 soldiers have finally been identified a century later MoD News 0
J UK resident, been on a USA scholarship, Need a 'residency waiver' HELP? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Y Ships TieI have been History 11
D I have been offered the CIS Role Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Walter_white PRNC soon never been to the gym. Joining the Royal Navy 37
Hooly watch out ship mates my Amazon account has just been hacked Bloody Computers 11
Flatcapper83 It's been 14 month since my interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Sumo Just another day at the office or should have been? Miscellaneous 4
P Been offered ETWE Boats... Need advice! Submariners 22
SONAR-BENDER REALLY been stabbed in the back Diamond Lil's 3
S Changing Trades when youve been allocated a date for Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Been Accepted For SE officer RFA 51
Guns Sorry, I've been abusing Naval War Hero by.... Diamond Lil's 64
BillyNoMates There 'aint 'arf been some crabby bas**rds Diamond Lil's 0
matt93 Aet never been to sea? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
Ron Jeremy I've been watching you... Diamond Lil's 16
N The day I thought I had been raped Diamond Lil's 5
janner Has Norway Chris been busy? Diamond Lil's 24
soleil Mail: "The Maternity Military: How Nearly 100 Female Soldiers Have Been Sent Home" Current Affairs 14
NZ_Bootneck Shock horror!! I've been sacked!!! Diamond Lil's 28
Branch-Hopper Flood Tasking - Who's been sent? MoD News 118
J Currently joining.. How has your life been in the Navy? The Quarterdeck 10