Been told i can attest at Flying fox what to wear?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by redwolf18blue, Apr 2, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey! been told that i can attest at HMS Flying Fox tomorrow but i havnt been given any other information at all! I have no idea what im going to be doing. Im guessing tomorrow will be just telling me whats going to happen over the next few months of going there. Im just wondering what i should wear to the first visit?

Thanks again Angela
  2. Angela,
    Attestation is not a ceremony, it's just a submission of forms that formally makes you part of the RNR as a Probationary Recruit. Once attested, you will be given a form to complete with your sizes, so you will get a pair of trousers, a shirt (boots if available) the following week. As soon as they have been purchased, you will be issued with a FOX polo shirt, which you will ware instead of the shirt. You will also then qualify for pay for all your future elements of the recruiting process (medical, eye test, fitness test etc), and also receive pay for attending FOX.

3. Right ok so it doesnt matter hugely what i wear tommorow, thanks alot!
  4. Smart casual is always best when attending a unit for the first time. You want to make a good impression and the Navy isn't that fond of jeans so I'd avoid them.
  5. I attest soon, and in my information letter it says the following: "Dress for the evening should be smart civilian clothes with collar and tie for males and equivalent for females". Hope this helps.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  6. FOX will be happy to see you in whatever (within reason) you turn up in.