Been to my careers office and thinking about...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by luvly_jubbly, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I have been to my careers office and I think I want to go into the navy to be a Air Engineering Technican but I am not 100% sure is there any other thing you highly reccomend?

Oh, See HMS Raleigh, What exactly does that involve, what do you do etc? Im not the fittest at the moment and need to get alot fitter so what exercises do you reccomend where useful to you?

Thanks in advance :)

2. check out the RN website they have a full training programme and some info on healthy eating. also your AFCO should give you some litrature with all the same info inside.

3. I find running, swimming, core exercises of all descriptions, pull ups and press ups to be doing the job.

4. :roll: :roll: :roll: CREEP :lol: :lol:

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I find these key rules help.

1. Always run to the bar at last orders.

2. Chilli sauce on a kebab is more slimming than "Garlic Mayo"

3. Pull a fat ugly munter, it'll take you longer to spoff and increase your workrate.

6. Thank you for introducing me to the word spoff! I'm out on the lash tonight and i plan on using it in my (not entirely successful) chat up lines.

7. Tomorrow, David please do share with us how that worked out for you.

8. I'll be sure too. Although just as a quick taster of what to expect...

"...woke up this morning face down in a puddle of something, which from the smell, seems to have come from my arse. looked at my phone and saw a message from my ex asking why I always text her when I'm drunk?..."

Its a family friend birthday, so its unlikely to get worse than that.

9. Hmmm you are quite a catch aren't you! Do you have to fight the ladies off with a stick?

10. My allure is obviously evident, even on an interglobalweb forum. Splendid.

I'm not going to blow my own trumpet (Tried. Hurt.) so saying "fighting" them off might be overdoing it a bit. With a stick? a touch off perhaps.

Anyway, I'm very selective. I opt for a niche market you might say. Go to a club, pick out the weakest of the herd. (already got womens interest you see, referring to them as pack animals) ply said beast with strong, cheap alcohol and then, very quietly, plant the idea that coming back to mine really is her only option, she cant do any better.

Then its 25 seconds (inclusive of dress/undress. In that order.) of....well not heaven....limbo for her, and hopefully my first notch on the bedpost for me.

11. I am sure you will fit in the Royal Navy splendidly. You are most of the way there already by the sound of it. Practice dancing very badly and once you have done with the said lady, you should wipe your man bits on her curtain, so I am told!

12. Curtains? What sort of classy bird do you think I'm aiming for?

Wipe my man bits on HER - really send the "I'm done with you" message.

13. It is quite clear, young man, that I have underestimated you. Without trolling through all your posts, could you remind me what you want to be when you grow up? I am sure with an attitude like that you could be a Stoker.

14. Deffo :)

15. I'm afraid not, CIS. As for the growing up part, I appear to have missed my slot, at 26 i fear its downhill all the way.

16. From your replies I can see that you will do extremely well in any of the branches.
    Let's face it,,,,,,,,,,,, You've already passed part 3 training as your thesis is perfect. :p

17. I am saddened to think that you will never experience the joy of the heating duct outside Soberton Block in Mercs. Never mind, I am sure there is some similar experience available at Collingrad for a young thruster like you!

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

'tis slander, I tell yer, Slander. :cry:

19. Ninja sweetie, I am fairly certain that you have not always been the goodie two shoes that you make out. I am also certain that more than once you have misbehaved with certain parts of your anatomy. However I am absolutely definite that I do not want to think about that as I am having a scone and a cuppa now.

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

That's probably the first time I've been politely referred to as a W****** & actually noticed, I s'pose, so I'll take it as a compliment for want of an appropriate emotion. :wink: