Been a while :) !

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Trigger_92, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

Not posted in a while and thought id pop on to give those of you who may be interested, (guaranteed not many ;) ) an update.

I today, after a very tough few months, made the decision to withdraw my application with the RN. I rung my careers advisor and he was absolutely fantastic about it all, taking the time to talk to to me about why I came to this decision and what my plans now where.

It possibly was one of the toughest decisions of my life so far, But I think its for the best. So I just thought I should thank a few members on here who have given me some excellent info, you all know who you are :)

Ill try come on and catch up on whats happening from time to time, but towards the latter stage of this year I will be a very busy boy.

PS. - What the fecks happened to JJ ? !

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

So your really Tommy Sheridan and otherwise going to be engaged in alternative activities.

Best of luck Trigs.

3. Caught red handed :oops:

Cheers wits.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The job is not for everyone, but that isn't to say those choosing a different career path are any the less. Hell, even my wife wasn't a matelot, but she certainly swears like one & can out-dit & drink me under the table. (Second thoughts, maybe she should've been one...)

Erm, anyway, so yeah. Whatever...*awkward silence*.

The door's open to those eligible until age 37, so never say never, but if you do, don't blame me if you regret it.

Best o' luck, whatever you do.

5. Sorry to hear that trig, I reckon you would have done well.

You dirty civvy pissbag.

6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You utter ******* gaylord. You had potential to go far. I could picture you warming the Captains bed, tugging off the Jimmy on fogwatch and fellating the stokers.

Good luck though mate.

7. Good luck for the future.

If you've decided on the crabs I hope your ear holes turn to ********* and you shit on your best shirt :winkrazz:

8. Sorry to hear bout your decision trigger but best of luck in whatever you have chosen/choose to do.xx

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk app

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Like the Lord, he is omnipresent.

10. Aw Triglet - Shock horror!

And what about me and poor Witsend, eh? - All that groomin' now gone to waste....:(

Please don't tell us that you've had a better offer from the RAF; I know those crooks are always keen to offer spare quota places to deprived, ethnic minorities......

But whats the REAL reason? A wean in the pipeline perchance?

JJ?

OPSEC doncha know. But he's OK - Still chasing Tuts etc.

Why, I saw him only the last Full Moon - Minesweeping at the STC Reunion:

[​IMG]

Keep Safe, Amigo.

Bob

11. Hope it all works out for whatever direction you are now heading in.

SM

12. You silly bugger.

JJ

13. Thanks for all the support guys :)

Im sticking with the same route, Marine Engineering. The RN may not have seen the back of me just yet...

14. Damn. (+4)

15. Goodluck! Hope you made the right move and enjoy your future. You still young anything can happen, as you said it might not be over yet.

You spastic now go to maersk (Im a spastic mate).

All the best,

Chicojiz!

16. Shame that ;)

Cheers Chico, Hope your doing well!

17. No, no - you misunderstand. This improved site or whatever it's called won't let one post under ten characters or something - hence a bit of gibberish after my insult to make up the numbers:).

Like you won't be doing you damn civvy.

Good luck - and as has been said, never say never.

18. Well thats the crabs out of the equation!!! Unless the LibCon Coalition know something we don't, RAF Ark Royal?

19. The next man on the list thanks you.
    Good luck young thruster.