Becoming an officer

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Anderson007, Jan 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And more specifically what qualities do they look for in an officer and what is going to be the difference between getting the job or going home?, please also relate to Warfare and/or Pilot officer as they are the two career paths I am most likely to take
  2. ??????.:dontknow: SSpeaking English is a bonus, what do you mean by that?
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  3. OMM

OMM War Hero

To be able to display leadership and the ability to be independent....

Not flagging up posts on forums to find answers.

Everything you need is on the RN official website.
  4. What I meant was what kind of things such as experience and qualifications( such as DofE, chief scouts award etc) will be helpful in getting a job in warfare or pilot career paths?
  5. A licence to kill would be hand... , oh, I see you've got that.
  6. Don't be a twat! You don't even know what you want to do.

And you base your advice on how many years of naval experience????
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do you ride to hounds?
  8. Look. I am 15 and simply wanted some advice not this storm of mostly BS replies, thanks.
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's a no then.
  10. Yep that's a must. Oh and do join up as an officer as you clearly can't handle abuse.
  11. Don't take it to heart Anderson, we're only the warm up act. I'm sure someone more helpful will pop in soon and give you some advice. I would but I haven't got a clue to be honest, when I applied to be an officer I only found out what it was like to 'go home', and it was a pisser I can tell you.

Good luck.
  12. Thanks for some help eventually and yeah, I have no intention of being a rating, as you say I cannot handle abuse :p
  13. And clearly arrogant enough to be an officer. I hope you fail your AIB and have to join as a shit house sheriff.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You still haven't explained what you mean by "the difference between getting a job and going home". Do you mean the sea:shore ratio with the different roles?
  15. I think I know your Dad.

16. Yup. Thought we were being a tad harsh, but with that attitude why should we bother?
  17. Nooo, this is him

Attached Files:

18. WreckerL ; I meant as in passing the aib etc and failing it :)
  19. Passing it and failing it would be quite remarkable.
    • Like Like x 2