Because I'm Bored

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by creddly, May 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what are the hair standards like in the Navy? :lol:

I know in the Army it was everything under your beret, but from pics I've seen, it's as though the Navy isn't as strict in the hair department!

Sorry for asking this, but I haven't been on in a while and can't think of anything else to ask :roll:
  2. If you're a bird, then its whatever you like. I'm talking streaks/hair dyed that nasty "red" , as long as you like etc etc.

If you're a bloke then its under the Beret, although to be honest, this is slightly slackened when/if on deployment so all the youngsters can wait to get to Tony and Guy when they return ;)
  3. FFS!!!! What are you bored of then?? You know that mirror your staring at, will crack at some point. You have had some advice given to you mate on this site. One of the reasons it exists. Plain bloody attention seeking I don't know about?? You should know the answer to your question shouldn't you??
  4. Aussie sometimes it's easier to just go with the flow mate[​IMG]
  5. Oh ok then? I guess that's why people are leaving the site...????
    ps until you have brought me a beer, don't call me mate! :lol:
  6. From what I read and hear, you get a hair cut on entry for purely symbolic purposes. After that I hear you can grow it to a reasonable length. I expect you'll be told if it gets to an 'unreasonable' length, though I couldn't hazard a guess as to how long that is! :)
  7. People are leaving the site because they can't take BANTER in the way its meant to be taken, as banter and nothing more. This has been done to death in at least two other forums.

Oh, and as for the "mate" thing, how much time have you actually spent in the RN ? Because it seems to me that you just don't get it at all on here :roll:
  8. I can handle banter fine thanks. I never said I was RN Lamri?? A civvie nurse yes, with RN ties a few yrs back. I don't get it?? Oh ok then you win.
  9. Thanks Aussie, that answers a lot of questions ;)
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Be safe creddley, shave it all off mate...pubes an all. (makes your dick look bigger anyway apparantly...handy for strutting your stuff in the showers the first night at raliegh)
  11. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Have I shagged you?
  12. wet_blobby

wait your turn... :lol:
  13. 11/11 at 1100, I remember. Sorry us nurses do such a crap job Lamri???
  14. lol some of these topics get distorted beyond recognition!

Aussie, what's the problem MATE?

I don't stare in the mirror - I was just wondering about hair!

Are you a bird or a feller?

I'm going to assume bird since you said you're a nurse!

Here's another question BECAUSE I'M BORED, are you allowed to use the gym in your spare time at raleigh? I.e. in the night if you've done all your chores?
  15. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

You really need to start thinking for yourself. I'd expect more of someone who's actually gone through basic training before.

You WILL need a haircut and you WILL need to keep it short in line with the regulations.

You WON'T have any spare time to do stuff like go to the gym until towards the very end of basic training.
  16. You won't have any spare time at Raleigh
  17. Well a little birdy told me that Raleigh is significantly different from an ATR!
  18. Wanna bet?

I'm going to be over-prepared for this one!

I've got something up my sleeve don't you worry! :wink:
  19. wet_blobby

Creds, I'm losing the will to live over this one mate, when do you join up again?
  20. You are a fecking walt!