Beat the retreat- dress code?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bishop, Jun 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been invited to Beat the retreat at Collingwood later this summer. I am going as a civvie but have no idea what i have to wear.

Dress code for men is a lounge suit, so what do women wear??

2. Peephole bra and crotchless knics and flip flops should suffice.

3. /Lads on the lusty would just cross/dress :w00t: :thumright:

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Seeing as you're a 'Bishop', perhaps she should attend as a 'Tart'? :oops:

[​IMG]

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The female equivalent to the men's lounge suit is open to a variety of interpretations.

Generally you can't go far wrong if you wear a trouser suit or skirt suit, but a fitted knee-length dress (with shoulders covered) is equally appropriate.

Having said all that, most females where whatever they like but shorts, jeans, and above knee skirts are considered casual rather than smart.

6. Tsk, the Matelots brave attempt at sartorial standards for this type of function leave a lot to be desired. You should of course have begun this thread in the Corps forum for the Royals, the only true arbiters of female fashion, to cogitate on.
    A ladies suit from the House of Chanel would be most appropriate, dark or Navy Blue would be most suitable.
    Shoes and hose are of course up to you but should be dark. A raincoat or overcoat from Aquascutum, or similar reputable clothier should be taken if the forecast is for inclement weather.
    Have a gin in the Mess for me.

7. Don't forget to wear real pearls (cultured ones are more suitable that the roughy tuffy types ;) ) and a large tattoo with "MUM" on it will do nicely... NOT! :biggrin:

8. Mrs SPB looks very fetching. Did you use a spy camera or did she pose for the RN photographer, Rachel?

[​IMG]

9. 'Struth Bishop. If you're asking this question, you should go in your ecclesiastical rig, minus medal ribbons. The lady should dress in what you have left or refused to wear. She should also wear a 5cm badge, on her port breast, announcing, that she is attending as your secretary(so no one gives her the grief that you should get).
    Hope you enjoy your soiree.

10. Right, you lot are so helpful...so as long as i dont go naked....its ok! Although if i do need a tart suit i know the matelots are the first people to come to.

11. Have PMd you.

12. sgtpepperband

Careful... :evil:

13. sgtpepperband

Calm down Dear, it's just the t'interweb... :lol:

As you have stated you are attending as a civilian, so I assume your wife is too? So perhaps you should treat it as just another formal function, and she should dress in keeping with your attire?

:?

14. I always thought Ron Hills and White Stilettos were the order for forces wife's?

Or was that just Infantry wife's at the NAAFI?

15. I'll get me hat..... :lol: