Bear Grylls: The Island

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by whitewaters, Apr 16, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody else been watching this?

It's basically Big Brother with machetes and a few coconuts. Unfortunately they haven't started killing each other yet but fingers crossed.

I cannot believe how shit they all are. Three of the men have jacked it in already because they missed their xbox and the women are about as useful as aids in a blood bank.

The last series was better in my opinion. Ultimately I just find it a little bit sad how some of them so flippantly disregard what could have been a fantastic opportunity.

2. Made me laugh the people who quit as they thought it wouldn't be like that....what were they expecting? An all inclusive holiday or something lol

3. Think they expected a Bounty advert judging by the way some of them whine. Considering they have survival training for a couple of days before they set foot on the islands they are terrible. Apparently if you're forces/ex-forces or have had any form of survival training you're deemed ineligible to apply.

4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oddly enough, i'm watching it and enjoying it. It's called Schadenfreude.

5. No, here it is definitely called 'The Island'.