Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be prepared: The real threat.

Never mind all these distractions like Global Terrorism, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea etc. The real issue threatening us is the inevitable Zombie horde.

It's fcuking coming I tell thee. I'm already prepped so I'll be alright. I've got my Sako Quad and a decent scope for long range Zombie slotting. A LWB landy for scavenging around the city ruins, loads of ratpacks and bottled water plus jerry cans agogo of diesel. Tools are also important, ther's going to be a lot of fortification required so I'm stocked up with hardware and materials too. That said, I've got my eye on a Viking and a Pinzgauer at MT too, I'll be having them.

Last tuesday, I scoped out a good secure building to hole myself up in, it only has two exits, is tall as fcuk with good sniping positions and dead ground you can see for miles all around. I've talked the ammo tech into helping so when it all kicks off, he's going to sort me out with a few mortars, a 50., GMG, a Gimpy, a sig and fcukloads of ammo. I'm going to have a chat with 2DD about hooking me up with a shottie for when the shuffling undead fcukers want to get up close and personal. I've razzed some NVG's too.

I'm prepared, and I'm not helping you wankers out when it all goes off, so get your shit in one sock pronto.

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL

daffy1

War Hero
FUCK ME this could be a real threat, have you seen the teenagers of today??, remember Kevin and Perry ? they were half muated, this is a real threat that should not be taken lightly. Lucky for me i live in a appartment block so my plan is as follow

1) Secure routes of entry leaving entrance and exit only for humans
2) Food and water
3) Deffensive Positions
4) Hygine
5) Offensive Ops for gathering food for the winter
6) Armoured transport
7) Entertainment- This could include

a) Sniping zombies for fun
b) Blowing up zombies for fun
c) Shagging the Missis
d) Burning the zombies for fun.

As for the ninja's this is also a very real threat that should not be taken lightly especially if they form some sort of treaty with the zombies then we could be in the s**t. So therefore io suggest wearing body armour as this will give us protestion against the ninja stars. Also ever herd the saying ''taking a knife to a gun fight ?'' well every where we go we are armed with a SMG.
When back in our safe location all points of entry will be greased down, or oil will do as we all know how nimble those ninja's are also all possible entry points will have claymores to give that extra piece of mind.

This should be used as the basic protection used against zombies and ninja's, yes you could add more for your own piece of mind but this should be the very basic.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I've got the ultimate weapon for all of them. Just get the wife to have a "word", as she calls it. After 4 hours labouring a point they'll happily blow their own heads off.

daffy1 said:
As for the ninja's this is also a very real threat that should not be taken lightly especially if they form some sort of treaty with the zombies then we could be in the s**t. So therefore io suggest wearing body armour as this will give us protestion against the ninja stars. Also ever herd the saying ''taking a knife to a gun fight ?'' well every where we go we are armed with a SMG.
When back in our safe location all points of entry will be greased down, or oil will do as we all know how nimble those ninja's are also all possible entry points will have claymores to give that extra piece of mind.

This should be used as the basic protection used against zombies and ninja's, yes you could add more for your own piece of mind but this should be the very basic.

Body armour eh? You're not wrong, you have to think about fellow scavengers who will jealous of your prior prep and will be after your stuff. I've thought of that, I've got four sets of Osprey and a couple of mitch helmets I traded for shit on Herrick. I've just got off the phone with a mate at BRF who has secured a slightly dented second hand WMIK which will replace my landy for scavenging. It should be ok as I'm not sure Zombies or Ninjas are that swept up on IEDs. I on the other hand will be leaving command wire ordnance all over the shop.

Right next to the B&Q there is a PC World and a Comet so my entertainment should be sorted.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
WreckerL said:
I've got the ultimate weapon for all of them. Just get the wife to have a "word", as she calls it. After 4 hours labouring a point they'll happily blow their own heads off.

So thats where you learned that particular skill. Earduff's back on.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
witsend said:
WreckerL said:

So thats where you learned that particular skill. Earduff's back on.

It's an acquired skill I told her I had to keep all my kit as I have reserve service and have to wear them from time to time to maintain their integrity

stirling2

Banned
WreckerL said:

So you married my ex then ? I got out BEFORE I blew my own head off. :wink:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
What? No ultimate weapon required, just sit them down in front of Witsend's new flashing wibbly-wobbly 'thing' - that should do it. :lol:

Or, is it a cunning ploy to turn those who look upon it for a hidden message into the aforementioned zombies? :twisted:

WhiteRose

Lantern Swinger
The Zombification of the UK is already underway.

After all, what other explanation could there be for so many millions of people watching effing X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing and I'm a Celebrity...?

Oh, and all those people voting Labour at the next election...

WreckerL said:

I tell the wife the time Jehovah Witness save a soul came a calling and they informed me after a while they had to go now. They never call anymore.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
stirling said:
WreckerL said:

So you married my ex then ? I got out BEFORE I blew my own head off. :wink:

No, mine was a first time rounder, Jeeeeez how I miss going on patrol sometimes :( 3 months of peace and quiet with a jolly at the end in a hotel and a pocket full of subs "sigh"

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Bump.

So what's your plan for the inevitable apocalypse?

Personally I'm alright Jack, I live in a massive old fortified house with open fire places and I'm in a farm surrounded by 6 foot stone walls (it was once a deer park). We also grow and rear much of our own scran and have a large woodland which can be foraged for wild food and cut down for fuel. We have a fresh water well and even have small scale alcohol production going on.

So what is the plan?

Well first things first, when the apocalypse comes, if I'm still alive, then the rest of my village probably will be too. Safety in numbers and production of food will be easier with more hands. It's time to establish a new society.

Priorities will be, defence of the community and food and fuel production.

Defence.

The village is located in a valley with a stream running through, access is either from the North or South. My Farm is the northern most point, a similar farm and large house exists to the South. There is a village hall bang slap in the middle. I intend to use the village hall as a main meeting venue and community hub. It will be our inner defence and main storage area for food supplies etc. My farm and the one to the south will become FOBs, both are easily fortifiable, by simply extending walls and blocking fences and gateways. Both have strong rooms for guns and supplies, both have tractors, quads, tools and other useful assets.

Each FOB will contain a force of armed men, we all have shotguns and rifles up here so we're sorted in that respect. Each farm will be responsible for the defence of the North or South sector of the village. I'll command the North, a dude who used to be a copper will command the South and the local GP will set up shop at the village hall. Daily patrols will be mounted in the respective sectors dominating the ground and acting as a deterrent to those who may threaten our way of life.

We will largely be a peaceful community, however occasional raiding parties will be sent into neighbouring villages and towns in order to procure weapons, food, batteries, medical supplies and fuel for vehicles. This will have the added effect of asserting our dominance in the area and discourage others from attacking us.

In the event of either FOB being over run, we will retract to the village hall, regroup and mount a counter attack from there in order to regain the FOB.

Food and fuel production.

Anyone not involved in defence will continue the work currently undertaken at the various farms. Dairy production, apple growing, beef, pig, sheep and goat farming all currently take place here. On a smaller scale there are some people with chickens and veg patches which will be expanded and developed. These people will also be responsible for chopping down trees for fuel and feeding the village, i.e. cooking. To conserve fuel cooking will be done communally in the village hall and at the FOBs, likewise only these will be heated. People are welcome to live at home in their own houses, but for scran and heat, they need to go to the hall or the nearest FOB.

Zombies. ****ing bring it.

Last edited:

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Once a sustainable way of life has been established and additional fortifications have been made to the village, we will establish secondary priorities, i.e. long term power generation and construction. Eventually educating our children, sport, culture and the arts will also feature as projects for development.

Again the village hall will act as the central hub for all activities.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You've given this matter a lot of thought, 2DD. Far too much, if I must say... :shock:

Here's my plan:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS School governors and trustees say they are prepared for COVID impact MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Updated flood maps mean Salisbury is better prepared MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? MoD News 0
J If not in Syria when and where are we prepared to fight? Current Affairs 44
soleil Telegraph: "British Flotillas Prepared For Syria Evacuation" Current Affairs 27
MoD_RSS New coastal emergency 999 stickers could prove a real lifesaver MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Real milestones in £5.2 million environment improvements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England traffic officers prove a real role 'model' for 10-year-old Toby MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Travel advice: Real Madrid CF vs Manchester City FC MoD News 0
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS E-seminar: Real-time PCR for food authenticity including horse DNA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pushing for real implementation of women in the peace and security agenda MoD News 0
Bad CO Real Life Getting In the Way Site Issues 82
MoD_RSS No-deal is a very real prospect. We must ensure we are ready: article by Michael Gove MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to drive “real change” in support of teachers’ wellbeing MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
Ageing_Gracefully Real Big Boats Diamond Lil's 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Lord Ahmad and Carey Mulligan: “International community must work together to ensure that children in conflict zones have a real chance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DASA Real-World Incident Hackathon MoD News 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Real-Life Comic Book Heroes Mark Submarine Service's Birthday At Faslane Dinner" Submariners 0
LateToTheParty Super fast application process... it's now very real Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Real-time interactive query language MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Security Minister: What is real is reasonable MoD News 0
Seaweed A REAL sea story .. The Book Club 1
MoD_RSS News story: Identifying cyber insider threats in real time MoD News 0
Guns Junior Officers and real secondary duties The Fleet 1
MrIndeed How similar is the royal navy entrance test example to the real thing? (Also need Help) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
chrismonc87 Always go to Parties in Torpoint...... this is real i kid you not Diamond Lil's 2
BillyNoMates Get yourself a real take-away. The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Mail: "A Real Maverick! Norwegian F16 Fighter Pilot Poses For A Selfie" The Fleet Air Arm 6
D James B has real mental issues. The Gash Barge 11
Ageing_Gracefully Competition ; The REAL Great Escape Competitions 8
2_deck_dash Real Ale Random Name Generator. Diamond Lil's 17
Ballistic Real Ale Festival Diamond Lil's 4
stan_the_man best best real man movies ever Diamond Lil's 43
R The Real Red Sailor Role Model The Book Club 9
Waspie A REAL SAR cab over Portland. The Fleet Air Arm 8
soleil Defence Management: "'The Carrier Debacle Is Clouding Real Maritime Security Issues" The Fleet 2
soleil Navy News: "Men Of 45 Commando See 'Real Cause For Optimism' In Helmand" The Corps 0
S Real Player Bloody Computers 6
soleil Scotsman: "Transport Minister Under Fire - For Real" The Corps 4
golden_rivet THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT TUITION FEES - your thoughts please Current Affairs 197
soleil Mail: "Terror, not war, is our real priority" Current Affairs 18
soleil Telegraph: "Real Test Will Come When The Next Shock Arrives" Current Affairs 15
2_deck_dash Turns out the real World is pretty shite after all. Diamond Lil's 21
H MPs' Not Real Medals (Merged Outrage Bus Trips) Current Affairs 28
sgtpepperband Think of a real person or character... The Internet - Best and Worst 12
Blackrat Tramps. The Real Vermin? Diamond Lil's 17
daffy1 **** Rambo, these guys are the real deal. Diamond Lil's 5