BBCIplayer At sea with a Royal Navy Captain

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by tommo, Nov 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. F#*k me the size of the skippers cabin is huge. I wish I had that much room in my house!! 8O
  2. :oops: Could be a lot safer, easier and quicker, to pick up that dummy man overboard, if the chopper had been embarked, like she should have !!!! on any work up :cry:
  3. Sol it was on about 5am and I just so happened to have left the tv on. Random time for this to be on.
  4. A good find

anyonelse notice that the RIB was still fastened at the stern to the ship as it 'took off'

saw the ship tied up at Portsmouth in the Summer as i was doing the museum thing with family. looked impressive.
  5. I noticed that as it was launched someone on the bridge wing was say 'Woah' as it pulled away with the rope still attached aft
  6. Thanks for that,
    Main reason being my son is on the 42 that ghosted past just after colours.
    Apr(F) has their work cut out with that air picture.
  7. its a training exercise!

plus its far quicker than prepping the helo for flight. You dont just jump in, start the engines and off you go when your playing with petrol pigeons.
  8. Oh!! My Bold ... we scrambled the SAR in three minutes on Hms Danae, for man overboard, and for your info the SAR chopper on Hms Eagle had the ejected pilot and observer , back onboard whilst the Buccaneer was still in the air!!!!! You do jump in and start the parrafin pidgeon, when needed Ps and i will winch up the lads from the Gemini, when they get in the S**T as well 8O
  9. scouse, When were you in Eagle ?. I did the last commission. yangtze_sailor06 :wink: :wink: :wink:
  10. tommo, I thought it was quite interesting and the skipper seemed a good bloke, better than his counterpart in Daring. He said that modern sailors were better than the sailors of the old navy. I had to tell him in no uncertain terms how the old navy would have delt with a few Iranians up the Gulf as well as Somali pirates. yangtze_sailor06 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: