BBC2 - The Falklands Legacy With Max Hastings - Sunday, April 2nd 2012 - 21:00

Discussion in 'History' started by soleil, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mmm, yes, I know he's got form.

2. Max Hastings on his soapbox, ought to shut his gob!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Actually chummy,Hastings is spot-on with his comment. The Navy is no longer able (or willing) to be anything except a team player and individual initiative is supressed. Blaming the messanger for speaking the truth seems to be about par for the course on this and other 'veterans' forums.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Nice thread resurrection, if you'd paid attention on other threads the ROE was explained.

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Echoing what Wrecker says, never let the truth get in the way of a good Navy or in Hasting's case, RFA bashing.

6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Hideous, I think that your naval expertise is limited to the bars of Gib and the verses of the Lobster Song. Max Hasting's knowledge of Wave Knight's encounter is as deficient as yours.

Hasting's 'Armageddon' has at least two howlers in it, clocked in a flick through in a book shop. So if he's wrong about stuff I do know about, what about the stuff I don't?

Journalists, making shit up since 3000 BC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Never a truer work written. :thumleft:

8. Ah, the slap down from the moderators - and Seadog, try a little less thinking, it might hurt your noggin. Anyway, nice to hear from you, obviously youv'e run out of panties to sniff.Tim

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013