BBC: "TV teen drama actress joins Royal Navy"

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by soleil, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ohh scrummy!

2. Good on her. She couldn't have joined as a WE as the branch is toppers with drama queens already :wink:
  3. "I've always lacked a bit of self discipline and was prepared to have that enforced."

She didn't have to join up, she could have come to see me :twisted:
  4. Now in the Pompey News too (link).
  5. So when did Wrens start wearing a sailor suit? Some old three badge stoker, thinking he had just trapped a nice bit of skin, is going to have a heart attack when he gets down to the nitty gritty. :twisted:
  6. Yeh sweetie, that would have been about 10 years back!

BTW her hair is a bit untidy.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Off topic but......Rosy, we had a kitten turn up on our doorstep 5 month ago, sodding things still here. looks just like the cat in your avatar, you haven't lost one have you?
  8. News is slow to get to the Antipodes :wink: It's also a long ,long time since I was called sweety, have we met before? :oops: :lol:
  9. They might have issued her her own uniform so she didn't have to borrow one.

(Oh sorry, I've dared to criticize!)
  10. She'll be outside again before the first 12 months and then write a book - my time under fire.
  11. remnant of watching all six series of sex and the city, call everyone sweety. Sounds better than vark, in certain circumstances of course.

And Blobs all pussies accounted for, but I am in the Market for a new one if it wants a home!
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:? eh?
  13. I got into the habit of calling everyone Dahl! until one dear little old lady threatened me with violence :D
  14. She's not the 1st person to Join up after fame. Didnt the piano player out of Gerry and the Pacemakers join up back in the 60's?
  15. I'm down Torpoint way at the mo, although not involved with any initial training, had no idea there was a star in our midst. I wonder for how long being buffer's party on a 23 will appeal but best of luck to her however and hope she sticks with it.
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

17. Yep, that would be Les Maguire. Joined 1973 at 33 yrs old and left in 1995 as a Charge Chief WEA after 22 years. Very nice bloke in the relatively short time I served with him (at Forest Moor, where he went outside from). On the rare occasions he was in the SR's mess for social stuff, someone always chucked 'Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying' on the CD player, leading to a shower of coins heading his way as 'royalties'.
  18. She'd get it, like!!