BBC - Three Girls

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, May 17, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watched the program about the Rochdale Grooming Gangs last night, I thought it was well made and very hard hitting, as a father of two girls it hit home on how easy it is for this to happen. In fact on my morning run it was still going on in my mind how powerless the families and "Maxine Peakes" character were.

Now toying with the idea to let my 14 year old see it?

Absolutely shocking how the Police and Social workers turned a blind eye to it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urn-BBC-Rochdale-child-abuse-Three-Girls.html Read the comments :(

Note: Lets be very careful what we write also :)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Just watched it on iplayer , some of the comments in the Mail piece are on the nail , a difficult watch.
    Maxine Peake was probably first on the list to play the sexual health worker , good casting as she gave a stellar performance . A must watch folks.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I think it will open a few eyes to what went on, Rochdale seems a long way away from me, but this could be happening closer to home, Cambridge, Peterborough.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. The grooming first gave you that 'oh shit' moment as you knew what was coming.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think episode 2 is tonight and 3 on Thursday.

6. Not seen but we stopped this happening to a family member, my direct family became concerned so kept an eye on family members online profile, once they became concerned brought it to my wife and I's attention.
    We went and spoke to parents of intended victim, they had no idea about persec and what the modern child could be up to on media devices, child involved could not understand why they were being restricted on media use, police were called, eventually somebody was court around the smoke, 2 years on police came back to show he had photos from on line, intended victim included, who at the time was about to go one a trip to meet what was thought to be a hot date, he was not hot or young. Intended victim has now been able to help a school friend in the same position.

Guilty party had got contact details from another he had groomed who moved from Guzz to the smoke area, we persuaded parents to police Faceache etc., that all contacts were known contacts, intended victim had over 1000 friends?? they personally knew an hand full at best.

Don't be afraid to have a say on some of your children's persec requirement's, they will kick off, normally with every one does that etc, one day they may thank you, it is an whole different world of communicating from when my children were young, the dangers were always there but the methods of contact have changed and become invisible.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Decided our eldest is going to watch it on I player later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brave but if you think it necessary then good look, just remember all teenagers think they are bullet proof and it could never happen to them?
    My daughter used to moan like hell at the restriction put on her, now she is a mother she gets it and said thanks.

9. I read the iplayer version is slightly edited

• Like Like x 1
  10. She's watching it now, I think there will be questions at the end by the look on her face ☹

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. JFH , watching it with you and the coming episodes she will possibly make her mates aware of the dangers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hopefully, there was a few tears and I think it was a short sharp shock type thing. Mrs JFH found out that the police nipped one in the bud locally about 2 years ago

13. Mentioned it to Mrs S, she said you know your daughter best, and with some teenager, the shock treatment is a lesson never forgotten. Being there to answers her questions is needed but may not be a smooth ride, good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  14. She's been pretty good and even said that some of the girls in school could end up being like the two ring leaders, the penny has finally dropped, we tried telling her ages ago!!

She didn't watch episode two, but I think the message got across, about a hour later she came to us and sat cuddling mum asking questions on how the police didn't do anything etc. I think it will be a topic of conversation today at school as her best mate watched it last night as well.

It was an eye opener on how the young girl "Holly" turned her life around only to be hit by the 10 tonne lorry that opening the case again brought along.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Young JFH was on tinterweb earlier I asked her what are you upto?

"Researching how to become a Social Worker", she replied.

She's 14 and this is the first she has shown any ambition to her future

• Like Like x 2
  17. Brave girl if she wants to go into that profession JFH.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Agree with @WreckerL sister-in-laws profession, she has taken a job change, she has been front line for over 20 years, the stress of the crap she deals with, have taken there toll.