BBC Staff Expenses

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by asst_dep_to_dep_asst, Nov 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Charitable, who you kidding, ever been involved in something like red nose day or any of those other annoying TV telethonathingies?

I have, fcuking charity, guess who the jokes on? Charadees big business mate, not many poor people work in the charadee industry. Everyone takes expenses.

The ONLY charity I was ever comfortable with and gladly gave my time and toys too was the London Taxi drivers.
  2. Sally Bash and Help For Heroes are the only charities that I will donate to.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I've only ever bought a wrist band from help for heroes, not criticising in anyway but I'm unfortunately on guard against big charities. My money goes to Hols4 heroes, same sort of blokes get it, just underneath the spotlight.
  4. I am involved with a charity as a trustee and, whilst I accept that legitimate expenses are claimable, it gets my goat to see that a BBC employee, who is already handsomely paid from the public purse, claims for clothing specific to a charity event, especially when his travel to and from Africa had already been paid by the company.

In most other charitable endeavours, if you are taking part, you have to cover your expenses by sponsorship.
  5. Who, on a six-figure sum, claims back 70p for a parking ticket? I mean, FFS!! Can you see that on JPA? It's not worth the auditing effort (or is that the point?).

If they had half the restrictions on T&S like the rest of us, the majority of these claims would get bounced back at the first challenge.