BBC Report "Tour of HMS/m Vengeance"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by trelawney126, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

BBC traitorous communist slime equivocating about the deterrent.
  2. And thats giving them recommends :wink:
  3. 'On board we are told it has the destructive capability to return the modern world to the Middle Ages

No point in bombing most of the Middle East would only go to default setting, and nothing would have changed
  4. All the way to Faslane and he only came up with that rubbish, half the article was about the fence! Poor effort!
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

:roll: Yes!

I can't believe the BBC let this dribble pass as some kind of reporting.

The mention of hot bunking reminds me of a walt. He wishes that when asked for his identification, the standard practise is to bend over and produce his sheriff's badge.
  6. And it's cramped accommodation 8O Good job he didn't go down a T boat then :roll:
  7. It's hard to reconcile that report with the knowledge that the writer is in his 40s. It's written in the style of a cub reporter who has been sent to cover a village fete. Considering his involvement with the flagship Newsnight programme, I am surprised at how lightweight this piece really is.
  8. witsend

9. witsend

Joe,,,,,,,,stand back,,,,,,we are being sucked into the world of queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Belay my last. This seems to be a different Peter Marshall to the one I saw, and I wrongly assumed they were one and the same.

Don't worry, I've managed to get on and off one these things in the EHJ during an onload. The queens don't scare me.
  11. I wouldn't have let that creep from the BBC 10 miles near a ballistic armed submarine. Poor effort. Bet if you go to the Vengeance you will still see the piss stains on the forward access hatch ladder......very
  12. You should have tried the O Boats then,they were really cramped,one deck and then the bilge! Oh happy days!
    When I joined my first V Boat I could not believe that the SRs mess was just that and not a bunk space as well!